5.88 @121 new best AWD suspension tuning is not easy!

Mikeysy15

Donating Member
5.8 in Barona? Dude that’s easily a 5.7 at Irwindale .
Barona is up at elevation I think . Congrats and looks like you finally found out the combo that hooks. That is one quick typhoon sir.

drhill

Thank you gentlemen. Of course, now the trans and radiator are out of it to fix small things - it's always something :) I have a couple of changes coming that should lock this truck into the 8's (1/4 mile) every trip out with halfway decent weather. Stay tuned.

Barona is 1720ft and Irwindale is 370. I hear most say .1-.2 difference between the 2 tracks. Barona generally doesn't stick as well for me compared to Irwindale, but the track guy told me to get up to the staging lanes in the first 30 min or so after opening and I should get a good hit in. He was right. Street tires tore up the track the rest of the night and my second best run was a bouncy 6.07 with a 1.49 60 ft.

I did learn that my truck bounces because it's losing traction briefly then hooking again, then losing traction, on and on until it maintains the hook. The 5.88 pass with the 1.37 60ft was just some light shuddering from the tires but otherwise no drama.

Mikeysy15

Donating Member
Very nice . You can always race the wagon while the other is down. That thing is impressive . Funny as shit to see that wagon run a 6.5 down the track

proptop

Donating Member
DrHill,
Quick question. What did you do to keep the front end from getting in the air? Also do you have a LSD in the front?
Thanks,
Bob

drhill

DrHill,
Quick question. What did you do to keep the front end from getting in the air? Also do you have a LSD in the front?
Thanks,
Bob
Front end limiters keep the front end from moving but I still pull the front tires sometimes. Yes, I have the Bully Performance front diff and axles with the LSD they install. Works great. Whenever I've tried loosening the limiters the truck moves around alot on launch...

proptop

Donating Member
Sir,
Same here and was wondering if you had found a Magical cure for that problem!!!!!!
Bob