6.39 at 110 . New personal best

Mikeysy15

Donating Member
Went to a private track rental at our local 1/8 mile track . Really didn’t know what to expect . DA was 2000-2500 all day. This pass was the last one. They let me slide with 6.60-6.40 passes because it was a private event but when I hit the 6.39 they called me to the tower and told me I needed an NHRA license and certification and obviously a cage which they have been warning me about for the past year. Ran 6.54 and then I talked to proptop and adviced me to step up the timing 2 degrees ans that’s when I hit a 6.44 and then a 6.39 on the same boost. Th ans again Bob. Good times and thankful this little 2 bolt main , stock crank , stock block . Stock 7.5 10 bolt held up to some abuse .

Attachments

proptop

Donating Member
Mike Nice job!!!!!! Gents there is some left in that truck but as Mike said it is a pretty mild build and I would hate to see him hurt it.

For the question above that is a tough call on what to start with However make sure everything is checked and your basic maintenance is accomplished before you start playing with the boost. Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in here.
Bob

proptop

Donating Member
Gents,
I will reply to this question under/with another post so we don't Muddy Mike's one here.
Bob

Mikeysy15

Donating Member
Thanks sir. The Powerglide and going 2wd helps a lot . Dropped me 8/10’s from the 700r4/awd in the 1/4 with the same power. You just lose the AWd launches on the street which is what makes the car fun. My transfer case and front diff , 700r4, all broke so I didn’t want I to fix all that so I took the easy way out and it paid off at the track.