A humiliating but very special thank you

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
As some may know, my wife and I have been in a bad financial mess. It isn't because of lack of business, too much debt, an unfortunate event, it is because a corporation I deal with has decided to take 4+ months to pay us. This accounts for about half of my income in my business. I had hoped we have been paid by NATS but, that did not happen. So, we have spent the last two months living like prisoners with little to no money. Anything that does come in pays employees, gases up the trucks and little bit for bills.

Friday night of NATS, we were sitting here feeling absolutely sick we couldn't make it. Austin calls me and tells me how we really need to go. Bottom line is that I had enough money to gas the trucks up on Monday so it just wasn't an option. So the feeling got worse and worse. I end up calling one of my best friends. I ask him if I can borrow a couple hundred dollars to make the trip. He didn't even have to think about it, his answer was yes with not a single pause for thought.

I had talked to Ry (Ry368) about us not going, his home and food were offered to us for the entire trip if need be.

I call Austin (AUSyTyIN) and tell him we will make the trip. We left with $300 Saturday morning, picked up Austin in Roxborough on our way and got to the hotel at 10am. When I got there I went to pay TJ for the registration and he tells me to pay Austin because he paid for us the night before. I was floored. I walk up to Austin to give him the cash and was refused. He said they wanted to pay for us due our hard times. I am not a very emotional person as far as sappy soup stories go but, I can't lie, I got teary eyed.

My trip to NATS was extremely educational. I found out that the friends I call friends are indeed, true friends. When money problems arise, you find out pretty fast who is friends with you for what reasons and believe me, I have PLENTY of "friends" who wouldn't likely be my friend if I was broke.

I want to give a public thanks to my friends, Ry and wife Beth, Gabe and wife Debbie and Austin and wife Kristen, you guys are awesome and we couldn't have made it to NATS (in our own backyard no less) with out you. We owe you big.

I also want to say to the people who separate themselves from others for money reasons, financial hard times can happen to ANYONE of us at ANYTIME!! Keep it in mind when/if it happens to you.

Thanks again guys. And also to the NATS folks, committee and attendees.

neildemo

Administrator
Re: A humiliating but very special thank you

Good to hear there are decent people out there still. If your my way and need anything let me know. :)

Number219GT

Broke Status

You shouldn't be humiliated about something like that. Times are hard, we can only do what we can. At least you have the courage to admit something like that, others couldn't say the same.

Its good to know there are some genuinely good people out there that can help out a friend in need. Any who, I'm positive things will turn up for you, with given time you will be up on your feet again, doing very well. Just continue to keep a positive attitude, best wishes to you and your family, Mike.

Sy-1177

Turbo Inside

Your a good dude mike! You treat people with respect and they give you respect back! True friends always help when needed! Cool story man! I was actually wondering if you went since I didn't see any posts mentioning you were there.

88GTZ

Donating Member

I agree you shouldn't be humiliated Mike, you're a good guy and always wanted to help me with my truck and welcomed me right away. It's good to have people you can turn to.

If you and michaela ever need anything, I will help you at the drop of a hat. I consider you a good friend. I hope it gets better for you and you're family:tup:

NJ93TY

Donating Member

Mike it was nice to meet you and your wife, your surrounded by a great group of people always willing to help out. Nothing to feel ashamed about. If I would have known I would have bought pizza Sunday night for ya and tried to get your asses down earlier like Thursday night.

SEL777

One of 101

Very nice to hear, and sorry for the stressful situation you're having to deal with now. It may be difficult sometimes to hold you head up when times are tuff, you'll make it through...and be a better man because of it.

92boosted303

1992 Typhoon #1155

I agree with everyone on here mike is a really good guy ever since I ownd my ty I have asked a lot of people a lot of stuff and got smart @$$ answers and people that wouldn't even think about helping. The first time I asked mike a question he answerd with passion as if he was working on his own ty even tho it was a simple question. I got ur back mike keep up the push through hard times.

blacktyaffair

Donating Member

And all this time I thought you never made it to Nats! Which goofy sytyer were you?

Times are hard I'm sure everyone has felt the squeeze lately. If there is anything we can do to help don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure nobody would mind pitching in and helping out. Just say the word dood.

I guess the family and I will have to make trip north again and buy you that subway sandwich.

berzerker

wookie

"As Austin would put it " we love tetadee !! AKA TYTILIDIE glad we saw you that weekend . wish you could have been there the whole event . GO DEVILS !!!

T-Bone

Awesome post....simply awesome!!! Mike took time out of his busy schedule in 2006 during a chilly, wintry day to inspect a Syclone with me that had 113 original miles on the clock. The next morning, I returned to TN feeling very good about my purchase since it has his approval. I always am reminded of his kindness and generosity when I look at my Syclones and am delighted some kindness returned his way.

Keep your head up, Mike. If I can be a help to you, PM me.

VermontTy

Support Our Troops

The worm will turn here before too long Mike. Keep on keepin' on.

In this economy, "getting by" is tougher and tougher every day.

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box

No thanks are needed. We know you would've done the same thing for us. Syty family has to stick together :tup:. I'm just glad you got to share in the experience that is nats. You don't owe us anything.

And it's christen :lol:

JAY

Donating Member

I have had many phone calls in the past with Mike asking for advice or his opinion. Every time he was helpful, courteous & didn't treat me like I was an idiot EVEN though I dont know anything about the mechanical stuff on these trucks. Mike has even offered his own shop & tools even though I was unable to make the drive. I didn't get to visit with Mike@NATS. I wish I would have known of this situation. PM me if you need anything. Mike, do you have extra SYTY items for sale to offset some of your expenses? I'm sure such items would sell considering this situation. I had been in the same boat years ago when I moved to TX. Our SY/TY community is always looking out for one another. SYTY members Jack Logan, Erik Wedin & Eric (H-Town) helped me get my truck going (turbo & front driveline) & keep it running, & even bought some of my extra parts so I could return to WY. The only friends I had in TX were SYTY peeps. I haven't had that type of benevolence with friends & family that I've known longer than you all here. How many times are we confronted with "someone" taking one of the pics of our trucks & trying to sell the truck or parts as theirs on CL or Ebay? There always seems to be a 'watchdog' protecting us from these situations. It's the community as a whole. It's us & I'm honored to be part of this group.

JAY

Last edited:

Epstyphoon303

1992 Typhoon #2019

Mike you are a good guy. I have not know you long but the couple times I needed advice you didn't hesitate. I went to Springs to look at a tranny and mike took the time out of his work schedule to met up with me and save me from wasting some cash. Just remember its not how you fall down its how you get up and keep moving forward!! There is always sunshine after the rain. Things will be ok brotha just keep your head up and stay focused..

92TyLA

I dont have much experiense in life but if their is one thing I know for sure and I will never forget is this..

My mother told me this when I started workin at the age of 13 as a shoe shinner at the marketplace in Lynwood CA after my dad kicked me out of the house

Their is no shame in being human and making a living honestly, god is always their,
Shame is robbing, stealing and hurting people over profit.

No matter what Im in peace, I make 7.70 an hour for now and even though is though, I have a wonderful girl a mother that guides me and a god to thank.

I see no reason for humiliation, but I do see an honest person who knows how to appreciate people for who they are,

Stay up my brother.:tup:

cheatham2492

Buddie!!!
I was really happy to see you there!! I was sad that I had to go so earl!!
.I like your post. You alway lend a helping hand to others, Don't be so surprised that others want ot do the same for u! POOONIE.
Cheat