Addresses for Auto-X and Dragstrip? Any interest in visiting Roebling Road?

AutoVation

I will be driving in on Saturday morning and will likely have to head to straight the Auto-X location. What is the physical address so I can get some directions? Also, I will need the address of the drag strip as I will be driving out later that night.

I just saw there is a solo driving event happening at Roebling Road this weekend hosted by Dark Side Driving Events. Sounds like a name for a Syclone car club to me...

If the locations are close, it might be fun to swing over there.

T-Bone

Re: Addresses for Auto-X and Dragstrip? Any interest in visiting Roebling Road?

My bad.

Last edited:

sytyguy

Moderated User

Roebling isn't the same as Road Atlanta. Roebling is a local 2 mile road course about 5 miles from the hotel. However, they have their Dark Side event this coming weekend and since the track is private, we wouldn't be able to go (I might could get us in on my crew pass, but we couldn't run), and besides it's just a driver's ed. event, so it wouldn't be worth watching.

I actually talked to DJ about renting Roebling (and moving the drivers ed) back in the Spring, but it wasn't in the cards. (1) we couldn't afford it and (2) the timing equipment wouldn't have worked for us to set up a drag race on the front straight.

Roebling info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roebling_Road_Raceway

AutoVation

We should check it out for next time, I would have been willing to pay more :2cents: to do this, how much more i'm not sure?

This is the same track that they use to film Motorweek when it's too cold up in Maryland or West Virginia.

AutoVation

Hood, what are the addresses for the racing venues?

sytyguy

Moderated User

We should check it out for next time, I would have been willing to pay more :2cents: to do this, how much more i'm not sure?

This is the same track that they use to film Motorweek when it's too cold up in Maryland or West Virginia.

Yeah, it's the same track. Lots of magazines, commercials, etc... shot here because it's cheap to rent (for them). Price for a closed event was starting at $2000 per day when I asked. That would have been an extra $50 per person (at 40 people) just to get started (extra for concessions, medical staff (only 1 car on track at a time without medical), timing equipment, etc...). It would have cost a fortune this go around. Now if everyone wants to spring for it in the future....I'm all for it. :tup:

Hood, what are the addresses for the racing venues?
AutoX track doesn't have an address.....just Hutchinson Island, Savannah, GA. The dragstrip address is listed as: 6118 Savannah Hwy, Sylvania, GA but Google Maps has that tagged incorrectly (albeit close). Use the track directions PDF: LINK

AutoVation

Yeah, it's the same track. Lots of magazines, commercials, etc... shot here because it's cheap to rent (for them). Price for a closed event was starting at $2000 per day when I asked. That would have been an extra $50 per person (at 40 people) just to get started (extra for concessions, medical staff (only 1 car on track at a time without medical), timing equipment, etc...). It would have cost a fortune this go around. Now if everyone wants to spring for it in the future....I'm all for it. :tup:

AutoX track doesn't have an address.....just Hutchinson Island, Savannah, GA. The dragstrip address is listed as: 6118 Savannah Hwy, Sylvania, GA but Google Maps has that tagged incorrectly (albeit close). Use the track directions PDF: LINK

Sweet, thanks for the info. What's the latest time to arrive? Do I need to arrive by 9am?

On Roebling, I will check with my accountant but if AutoVation sets it up I think it's tax deductable which would make it about $1400 total. Much more affordable! :tup:

I'm not sure if this works in Savannah but when I used to work in Columbia, SC, the company I worked for at that time hired 5 Hooters girls to cater a business event and it was only $9 per hour per girl (plus the food cost of course...). I think a track day would qualify. Friday night going out to the clubs didn't qualify (I checked...).

Unfortunately I've been out of the country most of this year and unable to put any effort/extended thought into this weekend, I even have someone else working on my Sy to at least get it driveable or semi "raceable" for Shindig. :oops: I was also supposed to be at SEMA this week but couldn't free up time.

sytyguy

Moderated User

Sweet, thanks for the info. What's the latest time to arrive? Do I need to arrive by 9am?

On Roebling, I will check with my accountant but if AutoVation sets it up I think it's tax deductable which would make it about $1400 total. Much more affordable! :tup:

I'm not sure if this works in Savannah but when I used to work in Columbia, SC, the company I worked for at that time hired 5 Hooters girls to cater a business event and it was only $9 per hour per girl (plus the food cost of course...). I think a track day would qualify. Friday night going out to the clubs didn't qualify (I checked...).

Unfortunately I've been out of the country most of this year and unable to put any effort/extended thought into this weekend, I even have someone else working on my Sy to at least get it driveable or semi "raceable" for Shindig. :oops: I was also supposed to be at SEMA this week but couldn't free up time.
We start racing no later than 10am, but we have reg/tech/drivers meeting from 8:30-9:45 am.

Don't bother on the company inquiry. I inquired as my company (Kore Solutions). Also called back as the president of GAST (I set us up as an NPO years ago).....same rate. The track is ownership of SCCA/Bucc Region. They have final say on rates.

AutoVation

We start racing no later than 10am, but we have reg/tech/drivers meeting from 8:30-9:45 am.

Don't bother on the company inquiry. I inquired as my company (Kore Solutions). Also called back as the president of GAST (I set us up as an NPO years ago).....same rate. The track is ownership of SCCA/Bucc Region. They have final say on rates.

I understand on the rate that Roebling Road would charge us, what I'm not clear on is how this would be a business expense and if it is tax deductable.

sytyguy

Moderated User

I understand on the rate that Roebling Road would charge us, what I'm not clear on is how this would be a business expense and if it is tax deductable.
I'm with ya. My sister owns an accounting firm....will call her tomorrow.

sytyguy

Moderated User

We are racing?....huh...cool :D
You only get to race if you promise not to let me jump off your trailer again. That jump at NATS just about killed me.

REVEREND HARMON

Party in a box!

You only get to race if you promise not to let me jump off your trailer again. That jump at NATS just about killed me.

lmao...well, im bringing the enclosed trailer so its a little bit taller than the 3 car...maybe we can find some taller bush's?:rotf:

SYO237

SyTy Registry

3796721709_00a38e4c2a.jpg

No joke, I curl up and die laughing with this pic. Hood's whole face and the way he is laying in the bushes is about the damn funniest thing ever.

sytyguy

Moderated User

No joke, I curl up and die laughing with this pic. Hood's whole face and the way he is laying in the bushes is about the damn funniest thing ever.
I'm still convinced that hand with the Bud Light in it wasn't one of ours. But TBH, I was far to drunk too remember if there were 3 (or 13) people in those bushes. Thank God I don't get hangovers. :tup: