Boost Launch with Jimmy

WyoSyclone

So, I pull into Nats, put the stuff away in the hotel room, and wander down to the parking lot to start looking at Sy's and Ty's.... not 20 feet into the parking lot I run across a guy and start talking.... he asks me if I have a Sy or Ty, and I say 'yes I've got a Sy' and I have to explain why it's not there :oops:
He says.... 'you ever had a good ride in one?' I said no, and he immediately offered me a ride in his Ty :D
We go cruise around for a few minutes to bring up the temps on everything and pull back into the parking lot... then he kind of backs into this corner, and I think.... something's about to happen.... well, this was it.....

Thanks Jimmy for that awesome boost launch... that's me laughing at the end of the vid... :D

For those of you who haven't got to experience it, it's a lot of fun... that was about 80 yards in about 2 or 3 seconds...

ZMann

vertically challenged
Re: Boost Launch with Jimmy

Nice, Jimmy always gives good boost launches... he took me for a ride two years ago....

Jimmy

Banned

WyoSyclone said:
So, I pull into Nats, put the stuff away in the hotel room, and wander down to the parking lot to start looking at Sy's and Ty's.... not 20 feet into the parking lot I run across a guy and start talking.... he asks me if I have a Sy or Ty, and I say 'yes I've got a Sy' and I have to explain why it's not there :oops:
He says.... 'you ever had a good ride in one?' I said no, and he immediately offered me a ride in his Ty :D
We go cruise around for a few minutes to bring up the temps on everything and pull back into the parking lot... then he kind of backs into this corner, and I think.... something's about to happen.... well, this was it.....

Thanks Jimmy for that awesome boost launch... that's me laughing at the end of the vid... :D

For those of you who haven't got to experience it, it's a lot of fun... that was about 80 yards in about 2 or 3 seconds...
No problem. I was so drunk I don't even remember doing it. :D

oboym

2006 jimmy gave me a ride to the gas station and on the way back we hit ever red light. :D :woot:

natsforever

WyoSyclone, I too had my first ever boost launch in Jimmy's truck at Nats. It was in the parking lot at about 1am and, just like with you, he doesn't remember any of it.

I had driven Typhoon's before but never launched one. I had never even heard of a boost launch until I found this website.

QWERTYphoon

Motley Driver Award 2009

What I like about the Jimmy boost launch (in the crowded nats parking lot) is that nobody runs, they all look like a cat caught in the head lights. The laugh at the end say it all, F'N sweet, and I love that exhaust!

Syclone Rob

Its all ABOOT the SYTY eh

Jimmy gave my buddy and myself a ride in this ty at homecoming. Mine you, myself and my bud are not light weights, Yet Jimmy didn't care and did a huge boost launch... It felt like the front wheels were off the ground by the way it squatted with my fat ass back there! Thanks Jimmy.. And Yes, I was laughing the whole time!!! Here are some pics:

http://www.robbiet.no-ip.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1710
http://www.robbiet.no-ip.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1716

Then, after Jabberwalk and I race, I get this from Jimmy

http://www.robbiet.no-ip.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=2601

:rotf:

Thanks Jimmy, You are a great guy!! :tup: