Crossover Tube

gmemony2

You may see those on eBay once in a while, but most are pretty brittle with age and have deteriorated. Sportmachines probably has some as well, but I'm guessing price is pretty hefty.

Is your truck stock? Battery and overflow tank in stock location?

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
I have one of those tubes. The ends about 1 inch back are missing. I would guess that they probably were broken off by overtightening the hose clamps. The couples work and tighten down just fine. The only other issue is the nipple has been broken out of the tube and was reattached with silicone. I could reattach it using my plastic welder. It is certainly not brittle and palling apart.

daves92typhoon

You may see those on eBay once in a while, but most are pretty brittle with age and have deteriorated. Sportmachines probably has some as well, but I'm guessing price is pretty hefty.

Is your truck stock? Battery and overflow tank in stock location?
My Typhoon is stock...battery and overflow tank in stock location.

daves92typhoon

I have one of those tubes. The ends about 1 inch back are missing. I would guess that they probably were broken off by overtightening the hose clamps. The couples work and tighten down just fine. The only other issue is the nipple has been broken out of the tube and was reattached with silicone. I could reattach it using my plastic welder. It is certainly not brittle and palling apart.
My Typhoon is stock...battery and overflow tank in stock location.
I have my original tube, but each end has cracked....Have you seen anyone install an adapter to the tube to extend each end for proper fit?

gmemony2

Some guys will have something like this made at a local machine shop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220516-090413.png
    Screenshot_20220516-090413.png
    1,014 KB · Views: 4

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
I have my original tube, but each end has cracked....Have you seen anyone install an adapter to the tube to extend each end for proper fit?
I didn't need to add anything to it was plenty long enough to attach without any problems. But the suggestion by gmemony2 is a good one. Something could be fabbed in metal or something in plastic if need be.

corsair231

I rebuilt the ends on mine with plastic and epoxy similar to how the metal insert is done above. Just have to be careful to not crank down on the clamps too much. Just enough to snug them down without flexing the plastic too much.