Engine Removal

Jeasen

Cobble a 15 Amp fuse into your power wire to the pigtail on the firewall. If the fuse blows, the pump is shot. If the fuse does not blow, you can go to the rear of the truck and listen for it running. The idea of the fuse is to protect the truck's wiring if the pump is drawing more than the wiring can support safely while you go to the rear, listen, etc.

EDIT/ADD: Take the battery to the rear of the truck. There is a 2-cavity connector ahead of the license plate. One gray, one purple wire.
Disconnect it and apply +12V to the gray wire, ground to the frame. Now you're at the rear of the truck, and if the pump runs, you should hear it. Plus if any wiring burns up, it will only be the in-tank pigtail or the sender pigtail, both of which are easily replaced.

Happy New Year
Great idea. Why did I not think of that? Thank you!

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Dave's idea is a good one. I am so lazy. I always tend to try the lazy way if possible. Like find someone to turn the key in the truck so I could listen to save me having to move the battery. Don't you have a nosy neighbor that likes to keep tabs on what you are doing that you can give them a close-up view to what is going on?

I sure do and I don't use his help unless it is absolutely necessary. But to save me having to exert myself I have had him come over and help before. But I do repair his vehicles for him once in awhile. So it works out OK.

Jeasen

I put a fuse in the 12 volt jumper wire going to the fuel pump pigtail in the engine bay and the fuel pump was not running when I went to the rear of the Typhoon to listen. I fiddled around for a while and then checked the jumper wire. It was getting warm but the fuse did not blow. I unhooked the jumper wire and decided that the fuel pump was toast. My next project will be fuel pump replacement.

Jeasen

I did further testing on the fuel pump as suggested and it does not work. I removed the gas tank and took out the existing Walbro fuel pump and it is stuck and will not run. I guess sitting for years in our midwest ethanol laced gasoline took its toll. I had another Walbro pump that I bought for another car but sold the car before it was installed so I will use it in the Typhoon. I also cleaned out the tank the best I could and installed a new fuel filter. I am now working on reinstalling the gas tank and getting things buttoned up. Then on to getting the Typhoon running again.