How many Sy and Ty owners in the UK

radride93

Essex 'phoon
Re: How many Sy and Ty owners in the UK

Bezerk,

You mentioned Russ Bland's website before.
It was a great site, he was very enthusiastic at the time
He had trick spa digital gauges with peak memories and aquamist water injection.
Also had a link to a picture of my truck.
Shame it went down

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

Also there is Davemc1963 with a Black Ty near Fleetwood. Another Sy owner PM'd me from Manchester/Wigan way a while ago and I saw a burnt out one on eBay last year.

There is Syclone on eBay/ pistonheads for 12k, been trying to sell it for 3 years I think!

Finally one other guy that had his Sy in pieces and was asking 3k for it. Big job though.

Anyone got pics if the radar blue one ever?

bezerk

Bezerk,

You mentioned Russ Bland's website before.
It was a great site, he was very enthusiastic at the time
He had trick spa digital gauges with peak memories and aquamist water injection.
Also had a link to a picture of my truck.
Shame it went down

yeah, alot of info on that page as well, there was also a 4 sale section on there, almost bought a ty ffrom dubai trough that page, luckely i backed out of that one, some other guy in the uk bought it.

radride93

Essex 'phoon

Pic of my truck as requested
Pretty bad photoshop of driveway pic over 3D Max sky background
Still - this was used for SyTy calendar October 2000!
DropBox

GMCVANN

Hi all,
Garry McVann here,
I own black/black ty #1570 in the UK. I thought about selling it a few years back, went as far as advertising it in Classic American magazine but before the ad went out I drove the truck a little to check all was still working fine & loved it too much & decided not to sell.
I haven used it for about a year & very sparingly the few years previous to that.

My ty was my daily driver for about 7 years, lots of fun!!! but with a young family now & still in dept after building an extension, I dont have enough spare cash to justify getting the ty on the road making it the 3rd car in the household.
I dont think I'll ever sell it though.

Its been a while since I looked on any syty site & was pleased to find some uk discussion on here with the odd name I remember (Hi Martin - Ruth). I did have a short stint a year or two back on the uk AMVO site when it had its dedicated sy/ty page.

To awnser some of the previous questions, Dutch guy in the uk was Rob Mulder, worked in petrochem industry & his partner lived in london so spent months at a time over here & kept the truck here.

I think at one point I knew of about 16 ty's in the uk & about 10 sy's.
I was even told buy the tire garage I used,about an ex scandinavian rally driver who had a typhoon they fitted tires to a few miles from me in Maidenhead (though I have never verified this).
I have a screen rip from Russ Blands old site of some owners (6sy's & 9ty's though I knew of more). I dont know how to add it on here, but I posted a while back on the amvo site which i'll try & find to link to, in the mean time here it is the text form .....

This List is incomplete. If you're not listed below and you're a UK resident Syclone or Typhoon owner, or you know someone who is, then please email the details to me.
Some of the Towns below are 'clickable' and link to a map of the locality. Some of the Vehicles below are 'clickable' and link to photo(s) of the Syclone or Typhoon
Owner Town County Vehicle Colour VIN Email

Chris Bartels Dagenham Essex Syclone Black 274
Colin Smith Swindon Wiltshire 'Saudi' Syclone Black 2612
Dicky Day Leeds Yorkshire Syclone Black 2712 Dicky Day
Nick Andover Hampshire Syclone Black 1947
Polly Betts Leicester Leicestershire Syclone Black
Ray Wild Daventry Northamptonshire 'Saudi' Syclone Black 2827
Adam Wood Biggleswade Bedfordshire Typhoon Red/Grey 0328 Adam Wood
Chad Erickson Newmarket Suffolk Typhoon White/White Chad Erickson
Garry McVan Burnham Buckinghamshire Typhoon Black/Black 1570 Garry McVan
Mark Jackson Wheathampstead Hertfordshire 'Saudi' Typhoon White/Grey Mark Jackson
Mark Kelly Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire 'Saudi' Typhoon White/Grey 2889 Mark Kelly
Martin Ockendon Basildon Essex Typhoon White/White 541 Martin Ockendon
Neil Messent Honiton Devon Typhoon Green/Silver Neil Messent
Peter Walsh Ealing Greater London Typhoon Black/Black
Sean Walton Cambridge Cambridgeshire 'Saudi' Typhoon Black/Black

Russ's site was indeed very good & helped me a lot when I first got my ty, I ended up going the same route on lots of things as his sy, spa gauges in pillar pods, erl o2 inj , kyb's etc I even had lots of parts from him when he sold his sy, datamaster, wheels,various chips, dig, hypertk, atr. didnt bother with his syclone jacket though :-o
He sold his sy to Chris Bartels.
I wonder how many of these are now with new owners on this board? & if any of the owners mentioned above still own their trucks?

turbodig

You guys checked the internet archive for backups of Russ' Site?

Anybody know who got Richard Tomlinson's old Sy?
Or, the guy that was in the Max Power article with him?

Ed Gasket

From England

I have Dicky Day's #2712 Syclone, it's now living in Blackpool alongside my 68 Camaro. The burnt out one that was on Ebay belonged to John Sleath in Doncaster, the truck got broke for parts (alot of the less charcoaled ones are on my truck now).

Look forward to hearing how many are still out there.

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

We're knocking on about 20+ members in the UK at the moment.

There's a green/grey in Coventry that I am trying to trace and apparently a 12k truck in storage.

Seems like there's quite a few of us!

PM me or MDH for the email list and latest updates. Current plan is to get together in Billing Aquadrom on 15/16th June for anyone reading.

Good to see so much activity (for the UK at least :D )

Ed Gasket

From England

That's great news Mark! I have a few jobs to do on the truck but it would be good to get it to Billing. Even at the speed I work (read SLOW) that should be feasible! :)

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

That's great news Mark! I have a few jobs to do on the truck but it would be good to get it to Billing. Even at the speed I work (read SLOW) that should be feasible! :)

Did you get my email?

We're getting 4 of us, maybe 5, to Milton Keynes on Sunday to install some stuff in Mark Kelly's Ty.

backzilla's bringing his trans down and MDH is bringing his Sy from Bristol so we should have a bit of a crowd on Sunday. Another member may bring his Ty or make an appearance if we have any luck.

Anyway, Milton Keynes Shindig is on Sunday :D

MDH

Mark,

Truck is currently insured and taxed till 1st March 2013

Looks like its still alive!

Just need to do some more digging

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

And another.... from eBay with a blown engine for, for sale in Clitheroe, Lancashire.

49k miles.

Have asked for the VIN.

L528KJASyXXXX.jpg

Bullydawg

Mo' Boost Mo' Problems!

How many people here are still active? I am trying to get up a GTG...

Syc0274

Hi all. Wanted to hello as new to the gmc world I bought syc 0274 recently after wanting one since I was a youngster . Is there any uk meets?? How many of us sy/ ty owners are there in the Uk???

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

Hello! Maybw 20 if us in the UK but not a great deal of activity it has to be said. What state is your truck in and where are you?

Cheers,

Mark