How to win (another) tranmission raffle!!

MikeRenz

not stock
Step 1: Move to PENNSYTUCKY!!!!

PA - 2
rest of the US - 0

All bow down to the owners of the 4l80e Tranmission Raffle Prize Winners from Homecoming 2008 and Nationals 2006 (notice the appropriate shirts, too :tup: )

4l80es.jpg

JSM

Re: How to win (another) tranmission raffle!!

2 yrs later and your still just standing on your trans.

So when are these actually going to get used? George didn't build a couple paper weights for you guys to just stand around looking all proud on did you?

4C FED

Absolutum Dominium

And you still don't have yours installed....

MikeRenz

not stock

4C FED said:
And you still don't have yours installed....
well you don't need just the trans to install it. It's not exactly the cheapest upgrade ever designed for our truck. Might be about the best though :tup:

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER

You guys don't understand how good that makes me feel :tup:
Isn't it amazing that all the guys that came to the trans tech session are the ones that won the 80e's?
I knew it was bad when Renz asked me how to get the rust off the output shaft. Remember, toilet bowl cleaner, then WD-40, then bag it so critters don't get in it. Then when you pull it out 6 years from now to install it, the whole thing will not have desintegrated from corrosion..... ;)
See, Keith, wasn't it worth a prybar to the backside? :tup:
I'll get you a certificate made up tomorrow morning.
Thanks again for being so supportive!!!!!

I kinda felt obligated to buy Dennis's tranfer case once I saw how much stuff was back there. Thanks again,Dennis!!

DynaGlide

Ton-Eighty

If you're ever feeling like you have too much to do, and you don't ever think you'll get around to installing either one of those, let me know. I'm willing to take either one off of your guys' hands. I'll even split shipping with you to get it back up here, where it belongs, on my truck, on a hoist, in Michigan.

SY-1193

Finally! I won something. It is ironic that I went to George's Prime Gears Tech Session to learn how to rebuild a 4L80e myself and actually won the mother of all transmissions. I still am finding it hard to believe. As I left my house on Thursday headed to Homecoming 2008 I joked that I would need help with the transmission that I would be winning to bring it home.

George I cannot thank you enough not only for the Tech session but also the transmission!
Also I would like to thank the Homecoming Commitee and everyone who made this event and the prizes available for this event.

Grateful and still in shock...

SY2932

Administrator

CONGRATS again Keith
icon_biggrin.gif
! As posted elsewhere, it rained Saturday afternoon so the raffle ended up being held in a conference room back at the hotel. When George read out the winning ticket number, the "UGH" from everyone that knew that they were out of the running was pretty loud...
icon_lol.gif

Keith is in the process of getting his truck back together so, he WILL put the transmission to good use. I was glad to see someone win it that could really use it :cool:.

DynaGlide

Ton-Eighty

I tried to take it with the first three numbers, but George kept reading. I demand a redo!

The "ugh" was loud, wasn't it?

Sy-1177

Turbo Inside

warmpancakes said:
I still cannot belive dennis got that much stuff in his truck
I was wondering about that one myself. When Dennis approached me after Keith won it, he said they didn't have room for Renz anymore!! My suggestion (since I left on saturday) was "hey, you have a Ty with a roof rack, USE IT!" :lol: :tup:

fivetodrive

CRISPY

I couldn't make it to homecoming but while I was in Ohio two weeks ago George took over two hours of his time to talk to me and show me lots of cool stuff that he is working on! I got the chance to see this 4L80E being built! I cannot say how great of a guy George is and what a great asset he is to our community! I will slowly be building up to getting a 4L80 for my truck but since I still need to reassemble my truck it will not be soon. George was even so gracious that he donated a GREAT SHIFTER CABLE to Project Crispy!!!! What an amazing guy!!!

Thanks again George!

Aaron

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013

$50 says keith's truck runs before renz's

thats not saying much, keith's truck has been "in progress" for as long as i can remember, hell I don't think i've ever seen it.. has to be at least 3-4 years now.

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY

smaug said:
$50 says keith's truck runs before renz's

thats not saying much, keith's truck has been "in progress" for as long as i can remember, hell I don't think i've ever seen it.. has to be at least 3-4 years now.

I ain't taking that bet. :lol:

Keith's truck was at Hooters '06.

Congrats Keith!! Sweet win. Like the "Captain Morgan" pose.

Beavis

Still plays with trucks

warmpancakes said:
I still cannot belive dennis got that much stuff in his truck

Should of seen the look on his face when I said I found Renz prop shaft.... :rotf: :rotf:

BigBadSmoosh

you know what the worst part of that picture is.. renz dragged his tranny all the way out across the street just for the picture..

his shoulder will never heal if he keeps putting stress on it.

at this point i'm thinking MY syclone will be done before renz's ty.

MikeRenz

not stock

Big Mike and Keith carried the tranny outside...they wouldn't let me carry it. :lol:

BigBadSmoosh

MikeRenz said:
Big Mike and Keith carried the tranny outside...they wouldn't let me carry it. :lol:

can we put money on who will finish first? :D