NE Extravaganza 2008 Registration Now Open!!

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: NE Extravaganza 2008 Registration Now Open!!

i am in doylestown PA, about 3 hrs from state college. :thumbup:

I grew up about 12 miles from Doylestown...i've spent lots of time there. There used to be a Sy or 2 and at least 1 Ty in Doylestown...dating back years ago. No clue if they are still there or not.

1BADV6

Donating Member

Mike,

I still see a few syty's around this area..... not very often though. I have three Typhoons in Jamison, but of course none of them are running at this time :)

thanks,

MikeRenz

not stock

Mike,

I still see a few syty's around this area..... not very often though. I have three Typhoons in Jamison, but of course none of them are running at this time :)

thanks,

ha yea but i was referring to actually in Doyestown. There are lots of trucks hiding in the area, i can think of at probably least 10 off the top of my head that exist within 30-45mins of doylestown, but are either silent on the board or the trucks don't run. If i was in that area, I know what category i'd fall into :lol:

MikeMcNair

wow, i grew up in jamison!!!!! i have a shop in ivyland where i work on the toys (side gig, in pharmaceuticals for the day job)

we should try to hook up. i would love to help get you up and running. i am always eager to lend a hand.

i am in the twp, not the boro. i used to see them from time to time, but not so much anymore. makes me feel "unique" ;)

1BADV6

Donating Member

Are you any relation to the McNair Supply that was on Mearns Road in Ivyland? My Typhoon projects are all pretty long term.... two are body off the frame builds and the third is going to be a daily driver but I'm currently doing a total suspension and steering freshening and big brake install along with a vortec head motor swap. I'm just off of Almshouse Road behind Warwick Elementary School.

MikeMcNair

my father owned McNair supply, and i worked there for a few years!!!

i also went to warwick elem when i was a kid!!!

1BADV6

Donating Member

It sure is a small world..... Our company, Havis Shields Equipmnent was on Stout Road in that industrial park before we built the building on Jacksonville Road in Warminster.

Raist103

Engine Killer, iPhone Killer, Lawnmower Killer

anyone ever get that bathtub action up on the internet :) ?

MikeMcNair

It sure is a small world..... Our company, Havis Shields Equipmnent was on Stout Road in that industrial park before we built the building on Jacksonville Road in Warminster.

you didn't by chance have a miata blue mazda mini-truck a while back did you?

if so, i know you!!!

1BADV6

Donating Member

Yea, that was mine....... much to wife's embarrassment. She said I was way too old to be driving a low rider pickup.

MikeMcNair

wow, my buddy and i stopped by once to look at it (it was for sale as i recall)

i loved the spot light on the roof!!!!

i would love to hook up and be taken out in your Sy/Ty, just to see what all is going on with mine (some interesting characteristics that are hard to explain)

if you have a free 1/2 hr this week, i would love to pick yer brain.

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY

i would love to hook up and be taken out in your Sy/Ty, just to see what all is going on with mine (some interesting characteristics that are hard to explain)

if you have a free 1/2 hr this week, i would love to pick yer brain.

None of Dave's trucks run right now, but his brain is still worth picking! :lol:

MikeMcNair

lol, that's great!!! maybe dave has some parts he wants to sell!!!!!!!!!

dave, i have a ton of cash, just looking for certain things. if none oif your trucks run, you might as well sell me some stuff :) :) :)

1BADV6

Donating Member

Mike,

Yes, Steve is correct, all of my trucks are in pieces. One is a high mile driver Typhoon that hopefully will be back on the road in the spring with fresh drivetrain and suspension, the other is a wild bowtie motored 4L80 trans Typhoon with about every mod imaginable and the third Typhoon is down to a bare chassis and body shell and that someday may become a race car. I've been involved with these trucks since '95 and have accumulated alot of parts over the years.

My schedule is pretty hectic with two boys playing fall baseball and football :) This week isn't looking good but I'll try to work out a night next week that you can stop by.

What parts are you looking for?

thanks,

1BADV6

Donating Member

I'll look and see what I have...... unless you are looking to keep it concours original I would leave it off, it was a bad design. Kind of restrictive and it picks up heat from the radiator. I think I have a few Kenne Bell airboxes that mount on the PS inner fender. You need anything else?

MikeMcNair

that would work. i need some cladding, but for a Sy. we should have a "mike brings beers and cash, and raids your stash" night :)