NO SPARK

joe

looking for insight or suggestions for a no spark issue. Vehicle has MSD 6 AL ignition box, mega blaster 2 coil and MSD distributor. Are there any sensors on the truck that would cause it not to have ignition or spark. The light on the MSD box comes on so I’m assuming it’s ok. Not sure how to test. Trying to work out process of elimination. Had vehicle washed and detailed pressure washed underside. Call it dumb luck. Now it won’t start !
Appreciate any feedback.

Attachments

• E74DFA98-58C1-4A08-B144-CA5C4DA7273D.jpeg
    E74DFA98-58C1-4A08-B144-CA5C4DA7273D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Joe, I would also check the MSD ignition box with its flash trouble "Codes." These can be found with the manual you purchased it with. I'll post them here just in case. The MSD box might be fine after checking the grounds, connections, etc; but at least you can fully eliminate something from being the problem before moving on to the next cause.

Key power ON-engine OFF| One long flash | 6AL box is functioning Normal| Rev Limiter verification function active (ON)

Key power ON-engine OFF| One long flash + 5 short flashes| 6AL box is functioning Normal| Rev limiter verification function deactivated (OFF)

Key power ON-engine cranking| Continuous flashing|6AL box is functioning Normal| LED flashes each time the ignition fires|

Key power ON-engine cranking|No flashing|6AL box is functional|Check Power, ground and crank sensor connections

joe

Great info… I will check ignition box light. However , I was under the impression there is no crank sensor.

DaveP's Ghost

MSD = May Suddenly Die

Does the tach indicate cranking RPM when cranking? If = No, the distributor may not be sending pulses.

I like this little test for distributor pick-up coil heath:
Turn key to RUN, do not crank. Leave key in RUN. Fuel pump should run for 2-3 seconds and stop. If=YES,
Crank just a quick one, enough to rotate the engine perhaps one turn max, and stop. Is the fuel pump running for 2-3 seconds and stops?
If = YES, the distributor sent, and the ECM responded to Reference Pulses.
If = No, the ECM did not recieve reference pulses. Dist pick up coil (the one inside, green and white wires), Ignition Control Module, or wiring is faulty. It is usually the pick-up coil.