Roll bars

BMFB

Not to scale
SO, I've been doing alot of autox in my typhoon, as well as a blazer.

I notice that there is some body roll issues. I am going to focus first on the blazer only because it is a few hundred pounds lighter and should be easy to fix comparied to the ty, and I don't ind aking a mistake on it and F'ing part of it up.

with the ty I dont mind the roll as much, and I decided that it was because the stock posi took care of my traction issues when the truck shifted weight harshley and un-weighted the inside tire. with the blazer and its open diff (something I want to maintain) I end up spinning both inside tires and loosing out in the corners on some grip.

Current upgrades to the suspension are a zq8 sway bar out back with stiff springs, and the stock sway bar up front, both with poly bushings. The front is also sitting on a qa1 coilover setup running 750 lb springs.

I am not 100% sure what is out there. I don't think anything off the shelf is going to be of much use. I a pretty sure I am going to have to build something. If I a wrong and there is somekind of BA bar out there that just makes these trucks so stiff it would make your GF puke let me know (also fee free to turn that into somekind of joke).

Matt

Bell tech makes pretty huge sway bars for the front and rear for the typhoon the rear is double the size of the zq8

mattw

Re: Roll bars

Why don't you want a posi in your Blazer? Just asking as I just setup a new rear w/posi to put in my truck and I'm wondering what the possible draw-back could be..??

BMFB

Not to scale

The bell tech stuff is pretty good, but I' looking for something close to gallardo stiff through a corner. Here is a pic of a slower slalom.

blazer2_zpsd1ccd0b7.jpg

I need to get rid of ost of that sway.

From what I read and am told if I can figure out how to get a univeral bar in there I can do alot for pretty cheap, at least up front. Back might be tricky.

Sean Krupa

Interested in this. I have stock front sway and a ST Rear sway bar both with poly bushings. Afco Coilovers in the front and Belltech 3" Lowering springs 1/2" blocksin Rear. Want to upgrade to Afco rear adjustables this winter, hopefully that help with the rest of my body roll.

e95 Ty

Brain, Afco, makes some great adjustable shocks that have anti bottoming stops already on the shafts, that should really help with the body roll issues. Or you could get some from another shock company and install them on the Qa1s. You can call Tom at Sportmachines as he keeps in real close contact with the guys at Afco, maybe they could help you. As already stated, I think the Belltech bars were the thickest available for these trucks.

rentedmule

wanna-be

If you've lowered the truck make sure you shorten your end links to get the sway bars level with the ground again. It makes a huge difference in their effectiveness (at least I found it did on the front of my truck). It's also free and if it doesn't work, new end links are less than $10.

BMFB

Not to scale

If you've lowered the truck make sure you shorten your end links to get the sway bars level with the ground again. It makes a huge difference in their effectiveness (at least I found it did on the front of my truck). It's also free and if it doesn't work, new end links are less than $10.

On the rear? the front doesn't really have endlinks. on the rear I tried to preload the bar as uch as I can.

I have a solution I think, I need to order some material.

rentedmule

wanna-be

The 2wd links are long enough in the front to shorten them quite a lot but it may not be possible with the 4wd ones. You can also cut down the bushings to shorten them a bit and eliminate some room for compression. I cut 1/4" off all of the 4 poly bushings on each end link (2wd) and there was still plenty of material to avoid metal-on-metal contact. It would only effectively shorten your links by 0.5" but between that and the reduction of compressible bushing it could help.

Ridetech sells axial ball joints to eliminate end link bushings all together but they're expensive and would come out longer than a stock 4x4 link anyway. I tried to find a cheaper version through industrial suppliers but wasn't able to locate them http://www.ridetech.com/store/12-mm-straight.html

BMFB

Not to scale

I see what your saying, and its a good way to play with the stock/straight aftermarket stuff. Give e a few days/weeks and I'll try to show you what I'm after. I am hoping to have this setup before nats...if I'm still going. Feeling some negitive vibes from some of those guys.

S

srukimini

Что получают постоянные клиенты Шахты

Для тех, кто решил пройти регистрации, ресурс предлагает воспользоваться партнерской программой. Распространите ссылку среди знакомых и друзей и получайте прибыль от их обменов. Пройдя на <a href="https://mine-exchenge.org/" title="шахта официальный сайт">шахта официальный сайт</a> вы можете подробно ознакомиться с бонусным предложением. Оно включает в себя 10 уровней, позволяя получать до 30% с оборота обменника.

<h2>Быстрая регистрация</h2>

Для участия в партнерской программе, клиенту необходимо заполнить форму. Придумайте логин, укажите действующий электронный почтовый ящик, вбейте два раза пароль. На указанный е-мейл придет письмо с активационным кодом и другой личной информацией.

https://mine-exchenge.org/ <a href="https://mine-exchenge.org/">https://mine-exchenge.org/</a>