Rough idle, hard shifting

rgsycl

My low mileage (10k miles) has been acting up a bit lately. Idle can be a bit rough/shaky at times. Thinking it may just need a tune up. Last year I replaced ALL the fluids, put a new heater core in (leaking), and replaced ALL the filters. She is still ideling a bit rough. Thought it may have been some stale fuel but just put fresh in drove an hour and still doing it. Any suggestions? If I were to do a tuneup what would be a complete job for this truck? Should the fuel injection system be cleaned? Truck also will shift a bit hard when romping on it, not sure if that is normal for these trucks or not. I am not mechanical so I have a good shop to do the work.

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
These trucks do shift pretty firmly. Hard to say about the rough idle. Several things could cause a rough idle. New plugs,wires,cap and rotor would not hurt anything.

rgsycl

Ok thanks. I am going to do that and replace all the vacuum hoses also. I saw that sport machines sells a kit for the plugs/wires/cap made by Ice ignition....are those known to work well on these trucks or does it even matter. If not what brand acdelco?

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
I have not used the wires that sportsmachine sells but they are most likely good. I have used the vacuum hose kit from them and it was great. Replacing them is a good idea.

Marcel

I just bought a 44k #702 runs great but have rpm flutter at idle. I don't feel it buy needle says so. Also what oil are you guys running I live in Austria and everything is a pain here . Can't even find 10w 30 mobile 1. So may just use some super over priced amsoil. So over priced here. Vacuum line kit I will just make one . Or order from usa and wait. Also is it OK to run the 3 bar sensor on stock. Was reading this and that but doesn't mean anything. Unless one has done them selves . Also what is a good diagnostic tool for me to have. Thanks also wjat coolant are you guys running. Seems so many strange brands here hard to even know what's what.

graham1524

I just bought a 44k #702 runs great but have rpm flutter at idle. I don't feel it buy needle says so. Also what oil are you guys running I live in Austria and everything is a pain here . Can't even find 10w 30 mobile 1. So may just use some super over priced amsoil. So over priced here. Vacuum line kit I will just make one . Or order from usa and wait. Also is it OK to run the 3 bar sensor on stock. Was reading this and that but doesn't mean anything. Unless one has done them selves . Also what is a good diagnostic tool for me to have. Thanks also wjat coolant are you guys running. Seems so many strange brands here hard to even know what's what.

Is it a syclone or typhoon?

Vacuum lines you can order from Sportmachines, and you will need a chip in order to run a 3 bar map. You can get a chip from turbotweak as well as the map sensor and that should improve how the truck runs quite a bit. Coolant doesn't matter, I run universal