Sy 678

Slyclone

So its been a month. purchased a front plate, and mocked up my Kenne Bell Big boy intercooler
100_3391.jpg

100_3390.jpg
100_3362.jpg
100_3341.jpg
CEp0qiwCWkKGrHqRk4E1FVjVcoBNShnEhnM_12.jpg

Slyclone

Re: Sy 678

the second one i never saw. wish it had some more info. Notice how much it sold for on ebay.

Slyclone

UPDATE: Thing was completely up in the air, and than dropped. had done alot of work cleaning the subframe and painting. Replaced both side CV's
100_3420.jpg

Detailed engine bay
100_3419.jpg
Still no motor:tdown: done and all but got to get the money. Like friday or saturday. this week...

100_3421.jpg
What I been working on. Cleaning everything greasy up.

Hopefully my next update or 2, engine will be in and will be working on lighting the thing up

Smkur50

SYTY Fleet owner

Now that firewall is nice and CLEAN..props to you! I too strive for details like that in my truck.

Slyclone

Thank You. More to come.

Oh wasnt i going to buy your truck? or did you buy that truck yea from saintD

Smkur50

SYTY Fleet owner

Yeah I bought that truck. It needed more work than the truck you got. I did talk him him down to the right price though.

Slyclone

Havent really noticed a Stock bumper, if any have been hogged out. By my visual inspection it looked like it was a factory thing. holes were nice and neat had threads. Now that i think aabout it anyone with any type of mechanical skill can do that. I got truck with plate holes. who knows who did it or if its factory. I havent seen anyother GM syclone stamped plate out there. I wanted it when i saw it and thought it would look good being the red/black scheme. My brother actually just herculeased the garage door open and caught the funkin plate and bent it all to $hit. Not too happy. Seems like my truck is taking a beating in the garage and i havent even gotten to enjoy it yet. ding here, scratch there.. I ust want to get it going you know. dont know when it will be but soon

elorejas

my truck had the holes on the front bumper to and its alright because if i dont have the plate in the front i will get pulled over that law sucks in texas

Captain Morgan

Moderated User

Havent really noticed a Stock bumper, if any have been hogged out. By my visual inspection it looked like it was a factory thing. holes were nice and neat had threads. Now that i think aabout it anyone with any type of mechanical skill can do that. I got truck with plate holes. who knows who did it or if its factory. I havent seen anyother GM syclone stamped plate out there. I wanted it when i saw it and thought it would look good being the red/black scheme. My brother actually just herculeased the garage door open and caught the funkin plate and bent it all to $hit. Not too happy. Seems like my truck is taking a beating in the garage and i havent even gotten to enjoy it yet. ding here, scratch there.. I ust want to get it going you know. dont know when it will be but soon

my truck had the holes on the front bumper to and its alright because if i dont have the plate in the front i will get pulled over that law sucks in texas
from the factory, there are no holes, there are just two tiny dimples but holes, no.

You dont need to drill holes through the front of the bumper cover, I made up brackets years ago that enabled owners to drill holes hidden under the bumper and brackets that came up to put the plate in the stock location. :tup:

Slyclone

after i thought about it, the truck originally came from SD, look at the 2nd post or 3rd idk. link to sport machines. I believe it had the front plate on it in SD.

a couple states have the dual plate thing..

i just looked at the links, for some reason i do not see that photo i am talking about. must have been seeing things but it did have a front plate in south dakota

Smkur50

SYTY Fleet owner

I have two of those front plates just like yours. I will refuse to run a front plate on my truck though. I use them for garage decor

Slyclone

Kenne Belle FPR I had purchased..
100_3434.jpg

Had turbo out, cleand it up and what not. Had seen a member offering the VAC lines i had initally taken the pic so " I can see where I am at" with my vac lines. If examined, one or two are broken. Not sure if i can still follow through with the board member who was parting out if he still has or im going to go with a sport machine kit.

Jacked the truck back up, finished the painting of chassis. A contrast between flat black and gloss black.
100_3441.jpg
100_3435.jpg

100_3433.jpg

And while under there I took the exhaust thing that was on there off and started plumbing in the real stuff
100_3437.jpg
100_3442.jpg

Slyclone

Progress has been SLOW Got a chance to go dump off the Back ordered parts. Really wanted to take a picture or 2 before the project is all buttoned up. This is what I snapped today . Thing should be home by next week...
100_3462.jpg

100_3460.jpg

100_3455.jpg

Slyclone

well finally got the engine back begining of week. Didnt get a chance to do much untill yesterday. Spent a few hours

100_3466.jpg

Had to purchase special tool for spreading the headers..?

100_3465.jpg

Turbo side went right on
100_3470.jpg

100_3474.jpg
More mock up

100_3476.jpg

Slyclone

Made it pretty far this weekend.
100_3483.jpg

100_3484.jpg

100_3486.jpg

100_3488.jpg

Got the engine in the truck last night (saturday)

Only problem i am having is the driver side trans bolts to engine. Going to try lifting the truck up on all 4s and see if a long swivel can get it from enderneath. theres just little to no room on that side where the Spark controller is and the oil pressure sender... TIGHT back there.