Temp gauge readings!

Crs

My temp gauge is always marking about 140 to 150 degrees when warmed up. My gauge only goes up about a quarter of the way up. Is this normal?

InvisiBill

Yup, stock gauge is way off (par for the course). Mine shows almost exactly 40°F below the actual temp. With my 160° stat in, it's almost exactly between the 100 and 140 lines. Datamaster shows it running right at 160°.

Lynn D. Brown

Stock T guages

Stock T guages

The stock temp guage sucks and I have proof. When my Ty was still on warranty, I took it into the (d)stealer because the trip odometer didn't work.

Well, I didn't realize it, but I guess they don't fool w dashes anymore. Instead I guess they go to outfits that specialize in rebuilding dashes and just trade them out. The first one I got was screwed up, so I had to get a 2nd one. So, I had 3 different guages to compare - all w the same T sender. The 3 readings were all over the map and didn't agree at all. Overall, I would say that the variation was 25-40 %, which is really pathetic. I didn't realize that they were THAT bad !

I've always suspected this anyway, so I always use full sweep Mech. T guages.

Dan B

Glad I found this thread, my stock ty reads 1/4 of the way up as well.. guessing that's 195°.. hope this helps someone