Thank You from Sportmachines!!

Sportmachines

I would like to take this opportunity to summarize the weekend and thank everyone. This event started as an idea to expand the type of events that we go to and have as SyTy enthusiasts. The goal being to bring the community together, to show off the trucks to a broader audience and have a different type of meet. Judging by the comments, the traffic, the number of trucks and attendees, the results surpassed our expectations, and we are so happy with how everything turned out.

First and foremost I want to thank the community and all of you that came to, and participated in the event. It takes effort, time, money to get your truck ready, take time off work or away from family, to make a drive and be a part of these things and we appreciate that. Its why we do the things we do and why our company exists, thank you for coming and being a part of this. Even the folks that came without a truck, to make the effort to just stop by and be a part of it, means a lot. The sense of community was strong through the planning process and throughout the weekend. People lending a hand to plan, offer advice, assist and handle things. Helping us unload and set up. Grab us food. Everyone was willing and offering to help the entire weekend. And not just to us, but to each other. Keith helping with trucks and tuning. Nick, Lance, Brandon and others helping Gary and Noelle get their trailer brakes wired and working so that they can make it home safe. Helping each other wipe trucks down, making runs to the store to get things that were needed. Folks pulling their Typhoon across the lanes of traffic so that the 15 trucks that followed me into the gas station and waited so that we could all roll out together, and take lots of pictures. Everyone who helped to clean up, pick up and load up trucks and everything else. I can’t list all of the examples, just know they didn’t go unnoticed. Thank you.

Thank you to the people at Carlisle. They put on a good event and they were so helpful and accommodating from the planning process to the entire weekend. Ed Scholly was our direct contact and he was fantastic to work with and truly appreciates our community and did everything we asked for. They designed and printed the banners for the building and the signs for the outdoor parking area. They promoted us being there, put us in the directory and took care of anything we needed. Thank you.

Thanks to all the vendors we work with who sent us handouts, giveaways, catalogs, banners, stickers, keychains and bottle openers:

Forge Motorsport
AFCO Racing
Dynatech Engineering
Power Bastards
Stainless Works
Stickerbomb.com
RenzFab
Bullseye Turbos

Mike Renz & Renzfab Thank you for helping with the preplanning of the event and bringing out the Renzfab wares for all to see.

Michael Hood Thanks for setting up the SyTy events page, the truck submission page and gallery, the logos and preplanning help.

John Gerber. Thank you for stopping to check on us after the trailer incident and then wrenching to help us get back on the road and home safely. Also, Congratulations on the First Place win at the show!

Zak from Stickerbomb. Thank you for doing all of the print and design work to make up the awesome banners, art, canvas art, stickers and decals for building Y. And for dealing with me and everything we kept adding to the list.

Dennis Harmon. Thank you for making the 17 hour drive, to support the community, help out and show us that your truck can shoot a beer can out of the downpipe.

Rob Meding. Thank you for bring 7 trucks to the truck nationals and giving us 5 trucks to park in the indoor feature area. Was great to meet you and an what a great guy and truck enthusiast to the core!

Baythan Thanks for coming down, mingling , taking that great video and putting it together so quickly for all to see.

Lastly and certainly not least, thank you to my TEAM. Dameon, Carolyn, Zain, Tarah, Mikey, Tommy, JG. Without all of your help, doing all that we do would be impossible. Thank you for all the effort, assistance, patience and understanding. The extent of my gratitude cannot be put into words. Thank you!

In closing, I think a great time was had by all. There is little if anything that could have made the weekend go any better. The passion we all share for these trucks and this community continues to grow and never ceases to amaze me. With more events like these the awareness of our community will only grow. I am still gleaming from the experience. Thank you all.

Tom
TEAM Sportmachines

TyMom1754

Re: Thank You from Sportmachines!!

We had a great time. Thanks sport machines team and everyone else
we look forward to the next meet at Carlisle. Hope it is even bigger next time and I can't say better because it was great. And thanks to all the boys for letting a girl play with you guys ��

"Nickel"

S-Series Syco

Assuming there is one next year, I WILL BE THERE. I'm super pissed I could not make it...

Windedv6

Ty n 10s

John Gerber. Thank you for stopping to check on us after the trailer incident and then wrenching to help us get back on the road and home safely. Also, Congratulations on the First Place win at the show!

My part was small compared to the hugh return favor getting me back on the road. For those that had not heard...

Toms group left the event slightly before I did... not known to me Tom curbed one of his axles (on his 1,000 ft trailer) on the super tight turn out the event entrance. I could hardly make the turn myself with my trailer with my two trucks on it. Several blocks down the road and just a few blocks before I was to get on I76 and head up and down the mountains, in the rain, my brakes went completely to the floor as I approached a traffic light. I was almost stopped with no one in front of me so I got lucky. With the trailer brakes I was able to get though the light to find somewhere to pull over and as I looked around there was Toms crew across the street standing around their trailer. I was able to get to where they were with my truck and trailer.

They bent the torsion axle when they curbed it and the tire was rubbing against the trailer. We ended up putting a come-a long on the axle and a 8x8 metal post at the gas pump island and cranked way. We eventually we got it straightened out and Tom was able to make it home with no issues.

My problem become a much bigger issue. The driver rear brake on the F250 Super Duty was literally blown apart. Apparently one of the float pins froze up and burned the inside pad down to the plate. The plate slipped out and wedged between the rotor and the caliper carrier. Somewhere along the way, probably from heat, the piston became brittle and finally let go at the traffic light. The piston was in pieces and all fluid was lost. I normally carry tools, jack, etc in my single car enclosed trailer, but since I borrowed a 2 car open trailer I did have my tool box with me. Tom had everything we needed. A couple guys headed to the parts store twice to get parts and a third time to return cores while Tom, Dameon and myself got messy. A couple of hours later, after pulling the other side and bleeding the brakes, everyone was able to get back on the road.

I should have played the lotto that day. I was extremely lucking on all fronts.

1.) Had my brakes blown minutes later, in the mountains, in the rain, I could have kissed a number of things goodbye, including myself.

2.) Had not Tom brushed the curb before I had the brakes blow. I would not have had such great help and would probably still be in Carlisle parked at some rip-off fix it place.

3.) It was so weird that when my brakes blew I looked around and just across the street was Toms crew, parked, looking at the bent axle. How does that just happen! The SyTy gods must have been involved...

For you Ford truck owners...Did you know that the brake fluid reservoir does not have a divider for front and rear brakes? When I lost my rear brakes I also loss my front brakes. I had nothing. That's a deathly design...

John

2500avalanche

I want to thank everyone I had the chance to meet. Tom for setting this great event up. Mike for making me laugh I think all day on Sat. It was nice putting screen names with faces. WindedV6, for giving me some great hints and ideas (If you have never seen his trucks, they compare to nothing... Truly amazing.) Vinny, Brandon, etc. Wonderful time.
And, if anyone says we do to much to our trucks, they needed to cross the street and look at the "vanorama" That was crazy.

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY

1.) Had my brakes blown minutes later, in the mountains, in the rain, I could have kissed a number of things goodbye, including myself.

2.) Had not Tom brushed the curb before I had the brakes blow. I would not have had such great help and would probably still be in Carlisle parked at some rip-off fix it place.

3.) It was so weird that when my brakes blew I looked around and just across the street was Toms crew, parked, looking at the bent axle. How does that just happen! The SyTy gods must have been involved...

Just...wow.

:dropjaw:

gstacky

This was my first meet outside of Ontario. All I have heard and read about is true, this is so much more about the people than the trucks. This was the nicest, most down to earth group of people I have ever met!

Thanks to Tom, Dameon and their team for setting all this up. I have always wanted to go to the Carlisle Truck Nationals, and their hard work setting up the SyTy feature was just the ticket. It was more than I expected.

John, it just goes to show how things work out sometimes doesn't it. But with this group of people it really doesn't surprise me that this worked out for you. I can't see it being any other way!

Thanks to everyone else too, we met a bunch of people and had a great time. I'll definitely be back for another one.

P.S. us Canadian kids didn't play kickball when we were kids lol. Remember it's all about hockey up here!!!

92TYPHOON937

not that u had my number but im sure someone could of got the word out i carry my junkyard box in my truck so anything could of been fixed with it minus specialty stuff

but glad u got it all fixed

ziembic

Donating Member

P.S. us Canadian kids didn't play kickball when we were kids lol. Remember it's all about hockey up here!!!

Next year, I will bring my old hockey stick. I am sure we can fab up some nets and play in the parking lot.