Wide band O2 wiring

IGottaSy

I got an ignorant question. If I have a chip which uses wide band O2 signal, the 5v signal wire goes to pin F14 as per instructions. But, why can I just wire the wide band to original narrow band pigtail? The only difference I can think of between the two sensors is that the wide band is a heated. The signal is the same 5v, correct? Wouldn't the ECM be able to run engine until sensor is at operating temps? I mean, it saves a basic tune.

IGottaSy

Also, when the wide band goes out, can I flip the #4 dips witch off and get by on the narrow band till the new one comes in? I know, have a spare. I just want to know if that works also. Just for my info.

IGottaSy

Took 91 octane chip out and put the 93 chip in. Turned dipswitch #4 to OFF, ran narrow band O2 and got 0 knock! Now I need to figure out what's up with the wideband and ECM connection before I turn up the boost to 16 psi for the first time ever!! I'll creep it up to around 17-18 psi total if knock stays under control after I can get the ECM to read the wideband O2 signal. It's a AEM, BTW.

RealFastV6

@jb_and_his_coffee
A couple thoughts...

(#1) The factory SyTy o2 sensor is a (3 wire) heated sensor.

(#2) As you pointed out the wideband simulated output through the factory o2 wiring will work, *HOWEVER* Eric's chip isn't configured to use the narrowband o2 for WOT closed loop, but it WILL use a wideband if configured, which it expects to be on F14 - so I think you're better off wiring it how he recommends for it to work properly long term if you're expecting to use all the chip features.

Slyclone

I wired mine up for F14 and I installed the updated sensor in the factory location. I have not gone any further. I tried to put a photo up but it wouldn't let me.