Wireless gauges

IGottaSy

They are coming. :rant: I just had hoped I had submitted my idea to someone a long time ago but got distracted with a POS truck and never tried it. I would have been famous and rich and would have bought all syty and crushed them. Yall got lucky this time.

I had planned on building a prototype using TPMS. Oh well, still hoping. I need to get my other ideas out to people! New over/under-drive pulley design, the best thermostat design ever and "The Equalizer" to name a few on my list of inventions. :)

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Wireless gauges

Cool. I actually invented a tool to help tuneup Detroit Diesels many years ago. For a lot of different reasons I didn't pursue it past the first Patent Office rejection. One of my regrets. Good luck with your stuff.

IGottaSy

It is more the lack of funds for me. Patents and licenses can get expensive due to attorney wages more than anything. I went through that process myself with a "as seen on tv" type deal which is now being sold worldwide. Hired a company out if Florida and got taken. Lost my idea and hard earned money. Live and learn. Such matters are better done in person. Back in 2004, I thought it could be a good idea to put a cell phone clip on a beer coozie. Ended up investing almost $10K into it! At the same time, I went thru a 2 year long divorce which further drained my bank account. That company I hired told me they never promised a patent and I never got a copy of the contract as I was busy with the drama at home. I had to become my own PI in order to keep my stuff from the ex. Sobbing story aside though, my idea was mass produced and is now being sold at the price I had set initially with my submission. Just do a search for belt clip coozie and it poos up. Someone has claimed it as their idea now. I get $0 for my contribution.
Oh and another thing, beware of the online patent searches. I don't need to tell y'all potential innovators of the future but there is always someone watching what you are doing on the WWW. We are plaged with intrusive programs that let the big boys know what we like to see/buy/etc. I know because I lost another decent idea this way. Didn't even get to submit it to anyone and it was registered to someone else in another state less than a month after I did my preliminary searches!
Good luck to you as well should you decide to return to the piranha infested waters that is the legal system.

Last edited:

Logan

I am down for some one off SyTy stuff and with this community you don't need to worry too much about people mass producing your ideas because we are the only group that wants crap for these trucks

sytyguy

Moderated User

A friend (local guy) ran into the same thing about a decade ago. He created an adapter to allow a engine hoist to be used as a transmission jack (for use on a lift). Bolt his adapter onto your engine hoist and you have a trans jack. Easy peasy, but patents were a fortune, so he contacted Lisle (the tool company) and worked out a deal with them where they would pay for the patent fees, initial design fees, and tooling costs. In exchange, they wanted 30% ownership and first right of refusal, IIRC. Not sure whatever happened with it, but here's his patent info:

http://www.google.com/patents/US7080823
http://www.patentbuddy.com/Inventor/Triplett-Dennis/1434857

IGottaSy

A friend (local guy) ran into the same thing about a decade ago. He created an adapter to allow a engine hoist to be used as a transmission jack (for use on a lift). Bolt his adapter onto your engine hoist and you have a trans jack. Easy peasy, but patents were a fortune, so he contacted Lisle (the tool company) and worked out a deal with them where they would pay for the patent fees, initial design fees, and tooling costs. In exchange, they wanted 30% ownership and first right of refusal, IIRC. Not sure whatever happened with it, but here's his patent info:

http://www.google.com/patents/US7080823
http://www.patentbuddy.com/Inventor/Triplett-Dennis/1434857

I like success stories. Wish I had one to share. Maybe you could talk to your friend and shed some light for the rest of us. :tup:

IGottaSy

I am down for some one off SyTy stuff and with this community you don't need to worry too much about people mass producing your ideas because we are the only group that wants crap for these trucks

"The Equalizer" could be used by some of us on the syty's. Then again, most makes of boosted applications would probably buy one. It would cost me about $10-15 to make a working prototype. Someone with real buying power could probably do it for pennies on the buck. Someday I will find out if others find it useful as well.

Logan

I don't know how motivated you are to share details but I'd be really interested in donating a Bennie or two (not much, I know but I went from broke Soldier to broke full time college student) for R&D if I could get one in the end if its something a DD/ mild modified truck could run

IGottaSy

I don't know how motivated you are to share details but I'd be really interested in donating a Bennie or two (not much, I know but I went from broke Soldier to broke full time college student) for R&D if I could get one in the end if its something a DD/ mild modified truck could run

First off, thank you very much for your service sir. It is not a Good year for us so far. My wife is not doing well and in about 6 hours , she will be going in for surgery. We all know about health care and how it gets expensive fast. Secondly, I will keep you in mind when the time is right. Maybe you could help me get someone interested by contacting people with me. Hallman(MBC) is a good one that I have contacted and am waiting for their response. I will search for similar companies in the near future. I don't usually get a response back. Hope it isn't because of my ethnic background.
Lastly, you just reminded me. our oldest son is coming home next Xmas and wants to go to school. I must help him find a legitimate institution that won't clean him out and give him a useless degree nobody else recognizes. Our youngest son should be coming back to the states from the middle east as well. I gotta have that talk with both of them.

Logan

Well first things first, take care of the family. We will still be wrenching on our crap boxes when you get time to get back in the game.