#0046 Lost in flooding

Byrne_331

Sad to report that due to hurricane Harvey my Typhoon is going to be a total loss. Waiting to see how bad they are going to try and screw me with my insurance claim. I will be posting parts for sale soon once I can get back to my house. These are parts that weren't on the vehicle that I was collecting to install later. Very devistated.

Jay92Ty

Donating Member
Re: #0046 Lost in flooding

So sad to hear. Another Ty bites the dust. :( This hurricane ( like most of them) is really doing some damage. Stay safe and stay positive.

TNPhoon

1of28

Sorry to hear man - If you need help fighting the insurance company, let me know. It's one of the things that I do at my job that I actually enjoy is fighting insurance companies and winning. :)

You shouldn't give up on it completely. At least buy it back from the insurance company and someone here will buy it and fix it.

0966Sy

Code what?

I'm feeling the effects of Harvey myself, been out of work sense Friday and came back today to find my entire toolbox was under water. Sorry to hear about the Typhoon, but if you act promptly and strip it to dry, drain oil, fluids and so on you can come out ok with a buy back.

What part of Houston? I'm in spring

IGottaSy

That's sucks. Good luck with the insurance claim. On a side note, I offer my Syclone as a replacement. Let me know if you are interested after the settlement.

Sorry to hear you've lost your ride.
How many 'post-hurricane' undocumented vehicles will now begin showing up at auctions and such in the coming months - scary!
Good luck with your claim fight.

Byrne_331

I appreciate all the support. I'm in Huffman, right off Luce Bayou. I'm out of the syty game, it was fun while it lasted (not really). From the day I bought it, it was nothing but trouble. Complete front suspension rebuild, new ac system, new 3" exhaust, all new battery cables, new distributor, wires, stereo system, bilstien shocks, cladding pieces, and then the body work started. Owned it over two years, drove it a few times the first week that I got it. Turbosmart ebc, scanmaster G, external wastegate, I'm sure there's more. Had vortec heads, eagle rods, modified and powder coated stock intake we're all waiting to go on it. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things too. I have the front wheel cladding (fiberglass) that are basically new, mocked up once, wheel center caps, rear 1" wheel spacers, some other stock cladding sy and ty, cobra intercooler pump (brand new) hooked up once to check operation, nice blue silicone lines with the orange inside lining for the intercooler, I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of right now. Any interest let me know. I will probably be putting it on eBay or the sale section later, don't have time right now to do pictures and make ads. Thanks guys, -Chris

Friscoty

Sad to hear about your car bro. Good thing is your ok. best bet is to get the car appraised asap usually the insurance wont fight appraisals to much. good luck