7th Annual Midwest SyTy Meet June 25th & 26th

SEL777

One of 101
We're still more than 2 months away for our MW show. Our 7th year already? Whoa, where does the time go? Time to dust off those trucks, get some fresh gas and get ready for the show. We'll be back to Volo Auto Museum to start the weekend, then off for some food. After that we head out to Fred and Lori's to camp out for the night. Sunday morning is a nice cruise to Starved Rock for brunch. Come out to see all the SyTy trucks, and meet fellow SyTy enthusiasts. It's always a great time! If you have not attended, mark your calendars now! Hoping to see new faces, and old friends.

Attachments

• SyTy @ Volo 2019-1.jpg
    SyTy @ Volo 2019-1.jpg
    854.2 KB · Views: 11

SEL777

One of 101
This is in the Midwest forum, specifically the show is in North Eastern IL. Might be a little far for you.

sprinter

USA STILLmakesMuscleCars
What town is it in. I can trailer it behind the motorhome but really don’t want to go too near Chicago if I can help it

SEL777

One of 101
The show starts out in Volo IL, and the overnight campout in located in Marseilles IL. We will be about 40 miles West of Chicago.

SEL777

One of 101
Approaching 200 views, and only sprinter from TX has added to the thread? We have a little over a month to go. Get those SyTy's dusted off, cleaned up, and ready to go! You can also find more information on FB by searching: Midwest SYTY SoGT Owners

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
I’ll not bring my Sy to Chicago. Fk that. Democrat policemen do not care if it’s stolen or damaged. They will walk away.
Lol

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
It’s in Chicago area. So high gas price there than Nebraska, Iowa or Kansas. Plus war zone. I’m not interested to drive into wrong spot. It’s too dangerous and shooting everyday in Chicago area. Last year, two years ago, and 3 years ago same Chicago area. Why not moving location every year in Midwest? Why root in Chicago area? Midwest- Minnesota, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska.

Attachments

• 52156936-07B3-4F05-AEB6-2BBB86B56AEB.jpeg
    52156936-07B3-4F05-AEB6-2BBB86B56AEB.jpeg
    435.2 KB · Views: 1

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
BTW 1320video host Ice Cream Cruise, it’s a huge car show, no prep and stuffs. That’s part I don’t get why you guys keep stay same location where very uncomfortable.
Almost 50 states cars went to 1320video car show because it’s very safe location, cheap gas, plenty of restaurants, and etc.
and Illinois not in middle for everyone to come. It’s in east.
If middle of Midwest then many Kansas,
Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota and Illinois will coming.
Example, Kansas have to drive from Kansas to Illinois, that’s pretty far. We have approx 8 Syclone in Nebraska, 10+ Typhoon in Nebraska alone, from Lincoln to Omaha.
In Kansas we have approx 5 Syclone and 5 Typhoon.
Missouri, Kansas, Minnesota and Nebraska natives have to drive so far to Illinois

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
It’s too far for everyone.

Attachments

• 93B9076C-221F-442D-87A5-FC4DECFE73B8.jpeg
    93B9076C-221F-442D-87A5-FC4DECFE73B8.jpeg
    912.3 KB · Views: 8

SEL777

One of 101
Ok Sy644 a little background, this show was started because the SyTy NATS show that moved locations kept getting cancelled due to lack of interest. The SyTy Homecoming show in MI dried up too. I had a blast at those shows and drove my truck to everyone from the day I got my Typhoon 18 years ago. So after a few years in a row of those shows getting cancelled, Mark and I came up with this show. If you think putting something like this together is an easy task that anyone can do, give it a try. We had great success our 1st year.....7 years ago. The Midwest SyTyers keep this show going and we've always had 40+ trucks. People come from WI, IN, MI and some hardcore dudes come from the East Coast. That is a great turnout for these Specialty Trucks that are 29-31 years old and were made in very limited numbers. If you have issue where we hold the Midwest SyTy Meet, and several other issues I understand. This thread is to promote the show. You choose to list every reason why you do not want to attend.

Sy644 Funny cause we have 30-40 trucks here consistently...
You don't like that, then you organize an event and see what its really like...

Most people have no clue what it takes to put an event like this together. The last nationals I was involved in was 2003 and I stepped up because nobody else did, I had to change the date because Whom ever was trying to set it up didn't even check to see if the track was available and I was ostracized because of the changes I made...

If you don't wanna go don't make a bunch of excuses just don't show up, And quit whining about it snowflake...

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
Ok Sy644 a little background, this show was started because the SyTy NATS show that moved locations kept getting cancelled due to lack of interest. The SyTy Homecoming show in MI dried up too. I had a blast at those shows and drove my truck to everyone from the day I got my Typhoon 18 years ago. So after a few years in a row of those shows getting cancelled, Mark and I came up with this show. If you think putting something like this together is an easy task that anyone can do, give it a try. We had great success our 1st year.....7 years ago. The Midwest SyTyers keep this show going and we've always had 40+ trucks. People come from WI, IN, MI and some hardcore dudes come from the East Coast. That is a great turnout for these Specialty Trucks that are 29-31 years old and were made in very limited numbers. If you have issue where we hold the Midwest SyTy Meet, and several other issues I understand. This thread is to promote the show. You choose to list every reason why you do not want to attend.
Remember KC SyTy national?
100+ was there. Because it was in middle of location for everyone to come.
Nowadays 30-40 that’s it because of wrong location and rooted. Just being open mind and look into it to bait more SyTy to coming over.

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
Sy644 Funny cause we have 30-40 trucks here consistently...
You don't like that, then you organize an event and see what its really like...

Most people have no clue what it takes to put an event like this together. The last nationals I was involved in was 2003 and I stepped up because nobody else did, I had to change the date because Whom ever was trying to set it up didn't even check to see if the track was available and I was ostracized because of the changes I made...

If you don't wanna go don't make a bunch of excuses just don't show up, And quit whining about it snowflake...
Yep 30-40 that’s it because it’s not in middle of America.
KC SyTy mats had 100+ Why? Middle of America

SEL777

One of 101
Remember KC SyTy national?
100+ was there. Because it was in middle of location for everyone to come.
Nowadays 30-40 that’s it because of wrong location and rooted. Just being open mind and look into it to bait more SyTy to coming over.
I was at a KC NATS when I first got my Ty (2004?), not a chance that one had 100+, maybe 60. I'll have to check my shirt. Can anyone chime in on the largest SyTy NATs that were held in Chicago?

SEL777

One of 101
Just a few days away, if you're within a few hours.....you need to make it out. Hoping to see some new faces!