lq4 4l80e drive shaft cost?

Boost27

I'm to the step of replacing my drive shafts for the swap and I getting the really high prices on shortening the rear and lengthen the front shaft. 260 for the rear diver shaft and 240 just for the cv side of the front. How much does this normal cost?

Matt

Re: lq4 4l80e drive shaft cost?

i think i paid 125 to do my rear shaft and just bought a front from rpm or sportmachines, if i was to do it again i would just pick up a front and rear from sportmachines :tup:

mattw

Do you know anyone with a lathe and a stick,tig, or mig(with appropriate wire) welder?

Its not that hard to do..

TrendSetter

Organ donor in training

ive shortened several stock driveshafts. its pretty simple, just mark about 12" with a single line from the end you are trimming inward, cut the shaft at the correct spot for the length you need to remove. (measure from the weld on the end) cut the weld and get the piece of metal off, the shaft end sleeves into the main tube so dont damage that. sleeve the end into the tube, line up your marks from before, and weld around it. i do about 1" length welds evenly around the shaft.

i did this with the shaft in my s10. ive gone well over 100mph with 3.73 gears and 25" tires without any noticeable vibration

TrendSetter

Organ donor in training

I found some pictures from when i did my s10 shaft.
The tape in the second photo was used to square the end up. we used a tape measure to measure different spots around the shaft to make sure all lengths were the same.