Optima SX

IGottaSy

Looked to be a '13 model. Going home from work, I noticed some headlights weaving in and out of traffic. They ended up on the lane next to me at a red light. I wanted to go so badly but streetracing is a big no-no here which can land someone in jail, lose DL and l possibly lose the vehicle as well. Didn't know what it was until light turned green. I pushed the pedal enough to stay in front by a fender and by the time we were across the intersection, the driver of the other car punched it. His car jumped ahead of my truck by a fender before I got some boost built up. I stayed right by his door until we hit 60 from a 20mph roll the I let off cause speed limit is 50mph. The guy wanted to go again but I just let him go pick on the next guy up ahead. Not to make excuses but TV cable needs to be set properly and got a tiny bit of knock according to the CEL feature in the TT chip. I didn't feel it downshift to 2nd gear and that's probably why. Not a kill but it kept up and I haven't fine tuned the TT chip with my wideband yet. That sedan sounded mean too. :roll:

Last edited:

sytyguy

Moderated User
Re: Optima SX

2013kiaoptimaturboreview-main-627x394.jpg

274hp, 3400 lbs, 0-60 in 6 seconds (some have dipped into the 5.8 territory). Not a bad car, but not in the same league as your truck when it's healthy.

alwayscode390

pppssssshhhhhtttttttttttt

Hyundai has another car that looks like nothing special, the Genesis ... 429hp 5.0 v8 , insane whats coming out.

Glad you had a little fun :) ---

GarnetTy1473

Donating Member

I've had a couple Hyundai Sonata Turbo's as demo's. They are peppy little vehicles. Makes it realy fun merging onto the interstate. I would rather have a non-turbo Limited though. The 18" wheels and sport suspension on the turbo models is just too harsh and noisy for my taste on a daily driver.

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box

2013kiaoptimaturboreview-main-627x394.jpg

274hp, 3400 lbs, 0-60 in 6 seconds (some have dipped into the 5.8 territory). Not a bad car, but not in the same league as your truck when it's healthy.

Damn, I had no idea they were that heavy...my Evo was lighter than that!

IGottaSy

I just got this truck and have been finding some not-so-smart maintenance details on it. I am going to have the turbocharger gone thru in the next couple of weeks. Maybe request a 12cm housing and 20g wheel if the shop I'm talking to doesn't get too expensive. CK will be rebuilding the transmission this spring just for peace of mind. As far as the engine goes, it will have to wait till next year.
I just love how so very few youngsters dont even know what the truck is. Those new cars coming out are nice! Better get with the program. LOL.

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box

Get it running right before you hammer it. Your repair bill can quickly escalate if it's not running happy...