Pissed off 2020 GMC "Syclone" owner

Goodgollyjosh

I feel bad for the guy...but for $74K he could have bought the nicest REAL 1991 Syclone in existence and had money left over.

Goodgollyjosh

Just realized That Keith posted about this a few weeks ago but I don't have FB so I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, I'll leave it for now because it's an easily accessible youtube video but if an Admin wants me to take it down because it's rhetorical, just let me know.

Mikeysy15

Donating Member
Wow this sucks , hopefully this video helps other people not get ripped off. I thought for 2020 SVE had changed over to the LT4 engine . I guess not .

Timbo

SyTy Stalker
Sounds like he's got an easy case for false advertising. As I recall, they did publish some acceleration times, and they for sure have 455 HP quoted. If his truck is that slow, he just needs to put it on a dyno to prove that it's not what was claimed when he signed the deal. Any competent mechanic should be able to figure out why it's so slow.

Goodgollyjosh

I am curious, does it bother anyone that it isn't really a Syclone build by GMC? I will admit that it bothers me. I feel like the aftermarket company that built the vehicle didn't do a very good job of respecting the original. I think it should have been a turbo V6 instead of a blown V6, should have been AWD instead of offering 2wd and 4wd, and it should have been a single cab. Lastly, the black wheels look nothing like the originals. I just don't think it's a good interpretation. Granted, I realize they are building an AWD V8 for it now but still.

IGottaSy

It's done. It's dubbed a Syclone. I'd like to get feedback from real owners as opposed to reading about why it isn't what it is. But, that's just open minded me.

MotoCam360

It's done. It's dubbed a Syclone. I'd like to get feedback from real owners as opposed to reading about why it isn't what it is. But, that's just open minded me.
I think you're getting plenty of feedback from a REAL owner in the first video posted right??

IGottaSy

I think you're getting plenty of feedback from a REAL owner in the first video posted right??
Is he a member here? And, is there a section for the new truck and I missed it?
Do I take what was said in the video as the ultimate truth about the truck without buying one. Guy sounded biased and fishing for freebies to me.

Last edited:

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
You have to know that things are going to change. There were a LOT of people that wished the Syclone was an extended cab. The wheels, look at the ZR-1, were their wheels the same when they brought it back? No. The only thing I think they really should have stuck to was AWD, Turbo V6. That is essentially what makes the Syclone IMO. That said, I'm a Typhoon guy :D.

Remember also that GMC farmed the SYTY out to PAS. It's not like they were built on GMC's assembly line.

I don't really mind the look of the "new Syclone", it's not terrible. What irritates me the most is that GMC doesn't have a Typhoon platform whatsoever. What kind of shit is that? They should go hand in hand. I test drove a new Blazer after I read that they might do an SS of some sort (come to find out they aren't) and I have to say, one ugly vehicle and doesn't make you feel cool at all.

IGottaSy

Dodge has their 4 door charger and that convertible Dakota(I had one). Chevy had their front wheel drive monte SS. Buick turbo regal is also different, Ford an SUV version of the mustang, etc. Our input isn't their concern unfortunately.

Goodgollyjosh

All very true and good points. It's not like the Syclone was GMC's idea, it was Buick's. GMC just finished up the concept. Our trucks are a conglomeration. In the end, I'm just glad they made them.

EXAF1E

Sounds like he's got an easy case for false advertising. As I recall, they did publish some acceleration times, and they for sure have 455 HP quoted. If his truck is that slow, he just needs to put it on a dyno to prove that it's not what was claimed when he signed the deal. Any competent mechanic should be able to figure out why it's so slow.
I’ve been searching the web for the published acceleration times of these trucks. I have read the sales brochure 2xs and all I could find was that the supercharger spins at 90,000 rpms. Number 8 (the last one built in 2020) was on Bringatrailer this week.