Rear bracket for CS144 alternator

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Thought that I would share the info on a bracket I made to hold the rear of my new CS144 alternator.

I got the idea from a article that I saw on the net. I don't recall the site it was on. But the person bent the original rear alt. bracket towards the rear. In don't think the valve cover could be removed in that configuration. So I bent the top of this bracket towards the front of the truck.

I planned on only drilling one hole. But I drilled the hole to close to the bend and the bracket would not sit flat. So I also used a bolt in the existing hole.

This is the new bracket bolted to the original modded rear bracket.

Alt. all bolted up. I liked the way it turned out. Picture is a little dark. But the bracket can still be seen.

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: Rear bracket for CS144 alternator

Phil, could you take another picture for me please? The link is dead and i am very curious about this as I need to do this.

The other question for anyone that has tackled this is: is it possible to go back to a stock alt with this modification or are you commited to the CS144 for the foreseeable future?

Thanks!

Mark

nallj92

I would really look into a AD244 or AD230 alternator from LS stuff. They are updated over the older CS styles and have internal fans to not cut up the rad hose or fly off through the hood. Internal fans and components stay cooler and last longer.

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

I already own a CS144. I was trying to save some money seeing as I was worried my alternator is going out and don't want to spend $150 over here. :)

Static

IIRC the CS144 is plug and play. Same plug, should be able to go back if you need to. I went AD244 myself

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

I was wanting to know if the drilling that you do causes misalignment with the stock alt should you swap back.

jollygreen1964

Donating Member

I would really look into a AD244 or AD230 alternator from LS stuff. They are updated over the older CS styles and have internal fans to not cut up the rad hose or fly off through the hood. Internal fans and components stay cooler and last longer.

where do we get either of these 2 alternators?