RPM cat back had a titanium section?

Rexxenexx

So I got my cat back installed today. The guy asked “this is titanium?” I said “no stainless steel.” He tapped the cat to muffler section against a magnet on the side of the lift and said, “no this IS titanium, look! It’s not magnetic” Then he tapped the muffler back section and it stuck to the magnet “this is stainless steel.” So I guess I kinda got lucky??? It’s that piece above the muffler.
FFD47066-BF30-4DEE-91C6-C19B008B619F.jpeg
989A5D4A-8F57-4E59-A933-9A3BFF1C862F.jpeg

Slyclone

Highly doubt it is titanium. I believe the magnaflow is 400 series stainless which is in fact MAGNETIC. The pipes would be 308/309 grade stainless. Commonly found in the food industry. Not magnetic. Also the price of titanium is more...

I know this because I have done my fair share of welding and your guy should have known that it's 400 grade stainless. All magnaflow are they are cheap. It's steel and stainless.

Rexxenexx

Aaah that would fit the SyTy theme better. Makes sense now. So RPM sells “304 stainless steel“ cat back kits that aren’t all 304. Got it. Also the installer had to weld gaps at the muffler ends because the clamps couldn’t close it completely, something I called immediately just looking at it. This is the kit btw: https://raceprovenmotors.com/product/exhaust-cat-back-3-typhoon/

Next time I’ll trust my instincts and just have local guy I trust fab it up.