Sleeper Documentary by a nerdy kid

92TyLA

Re: Sleeper Documentary by a nerdy kid

Good video! But damn that guy keeps getting cars for free, what the hell!!

TeeTopZ

A friend of mine had one of those Regals with a tune, a pulley, and a couple other things. It was pretty damn quick

NJSERRANO

I had a Blk/Blk 2000 Bonneville SSEi with CAI, pulley and catback w/electronic cutout. It was a the best cruiser ever, my friends called it the batmobile. I LOVED the interior in that car.

IMG00215.jpg

johne30m3

I didn't think you could make that buick regal that fast, know if you said the buick t-type thats a different story. I wish he would of mentioned what his mods were or for that matter what the car ran in the 1/4, I didn't notice it in the videos 1/4 et that is.

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3

I didn't think you could make that buick regal that fast, know if you said the buick t-type thats a different story. I wish he would of mentioned what his mods were or for that matter what the car ran in the 1/4, I didn't notice it in the videos 1/4 et that is.

In the video description, he lists his mods for each race and his times slip.

leadfoot

Sleepers are the way to go. Ricers leave you alone, cops leave you alone and you have the power to get around A-holes on the road. :2cents:

Most of his races on the street were from a roll, - From a dig FWD ain't so great unless he has enough lag to offset the traction. Being supercharged that is not the case.

I must say passing someone with a sleeper whom thinks they have a fast car makes for a priceless moment. :tup:

killa66cam

RIDIN DIRTY

Cool little vid. I love the guy rolling up the window in his Mustang, as he watches the SHO still pulling on him...priceless! The mod list is in the description, under the video. I was more excited before I realized that most of the runs in the Regal were on C16 or ethanol...but still cool, none the less.

Cam

V8 Sonoma GT

Mile High SyTy

My friend sold his regal gs for 300 bucks when his coil went out. he didnt even tell me about getting rid of it. also my dad has GTP grand prix. 2.7 pulley makes much more boost

atkonkler

Is this your bush?

I agree with that guy so much especially with owning a Syty there's so many goons with their srt4 , evo , sti , mustang , lightnings , srt10 viper trucks that think they are just bad ass and don't know anything about our trucks and totally underestimate their true capabilities. Then boom you just got stomped by a 20 year old vehicle. People always ask me what I drive when car bragging comes up and I just say a Typhoon and I'd say 95% of the people think it's just a blazer and know nothing about them. It's great and I love every minute of it.

ZR1TR

I thought it was pretty cool he was in a Regal. Could have been 1986/87 all over again. I wonder if he knows about the Turbo Buicks. Damn those Regals! :turbo:

gkrcr882

SyTyless......for now!

I loved my SHO, it impressed more than a few people. They really honk above 4k. So far my WRX hasn't gotten much attention, and I'd like to keep it that way. Looks like run of the mill commuter, except with a hood scoop.

Cool vid nonetheless. Those S/C 3800s haul the mail with very minimal work. Too bad most of the ones I see are fed with 87 octane and are neglected :tdown:

sychris

I had a bonneville with a supercharger . i smoked everything . 90% of the races the other driver had no idea until i jumped out by 5 cars

GEMELLI

The Best of Both Worlds

Ohh yea I had a 91 SHO Plus and had fun with it....

I bet we could count on one hand the people that will see this thread that know what that is. I've had a few SHOs, but my Mocha Frost Plus was the best sleeper of them all. :tup:

I've had a few gen 1 Lightnings too. I bought my first one about a year after the gen 2s came out. It doesn't happen much anymore, but it was always funny when people asked me why I put Lightning stickers on my F150.

Syclone Rob

Its all ABOOT the SYTY eh

Turbocharging the 3.8 v6 has a lot of potential.. In my local club a member had a low 11s Grandprix gtp turbocharged. Once he was done with that car, he sold it and is building up a corvette.