Typhoon emergency brake cables. For Ty with LS1 disc rear brake conversion.

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
These are the custom made cables and bracket for the LS1 "Camaro" rear disc brakes on a Typhoon. I picked them up on a group purchase years ago and never used them. They are brand new. I don't think that they are made anymore. $200 plus shipping.

I have sold all of my trucks and have a lot of parts. Mostly stock stuff. I have quite a bit of engine parts. I have a Syclone engine block and heads and probably all the internal engine parts. I have a Typhoon short block that I picked up on a trade. I will start posting that stuff for sale as I get it sorted out.

SEL777

One of 101
I have this set and it's really nice. Did you get installation instructions? Mine are the same length, and never installed them just not knowing how that works if they follow the stock set up running on the left side near the frame rail. I was assured they are correct. I would think the right side would need to be longer.

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
There are no instructions included. Two cables and brackets. I have never looked at the routing. The brackets look pretty straight forward. I just looked at a YouTube vid the showed the bracket and cable attachment at the rear end so a visual can be found there.

On the routing of the cables. I would just route them so there is no interference with the driveline or any other moving parts. Since the cables have an outer cover you should have a lot more freedom in routing choices over the original type cable.

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Do you have pics? I am wondering if they would work with S10 rear disc brakes. That is what I have. It is from a 2001 Blazer.

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Here is a video of the Renz LS1 cable attachment. This is probably the info you need. If not I can take a pic.

Poconojoe

Donating Member
Do you have pics? I am wondering if they would work with S10 rear disc brakes. That is what I have. It is from a 2001 Blazer.
S10 rear disc brake set UPS do not require brackets mounted on the axle tubes, they're already on the backing plate / parking brake brackets, so I think that the cable ends would be shorter, for the Blazer brackets. Why don't you use factory S10 cables?

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
S10 rear disc brake set UPS do not require brackets mounted on the axle tubes, they're already on the backing plate / parking brake brackets, so I think that the cable ends would be shorter, for the Blazer brackets. Why don't you use factory S10 cables?

Do they mix?