We need a 06 Nats Forum

0966Sy

Code what?
It just crossed my mind again how much fun i had at the Nationals this year in KC. And i think next year will be twice as fun if not more if we can start gathering idea's between all of us as early as possible. I would like to contribute as much as i can towards next years Nationals as im sure many other's would. I think if we put our heads togather with alot of good idea's, we could motivate more of us on the forums to attend next years Nationals. Not that the 05 staff didnt do a good job or anything. I think they where awsome and couldnt have handled it any better. Thanks again, Gabe, Jason, Patrick and others i've already forgot their names. I think having it in Kansas City is a very good location and the doubletree does a good job keeping up with our late nite crew. ha ha.

Well this is my idea, im not that much of a media guy and dont own a camera of my own not even a digital camera or a video camera. And i know how Mike Renz and Eric aka Smaug like to shoot footage and pictures and such of the whole Nationals weekend event. Not to mention others that took some realy good footage and pictures of the event and have posted it to everyone on the forums. I think if we can all come togather and take a lot more pictures and film we could come up with a very cool DVD that would cover the entire event and would be completly editted with music and very well layed out from day to day of the event/racing and probably come up with a 30-40min long DVD of some great footage that everyone can take home with them and remember each event for years to come.

So who wants to put togather a media crew and do some filming for a 06 SyTy Nats DVD. We could even use the extra money to fund to next years cash pot.

Voting for music and so on would be very interesting not to mention we could list everyone that attended in the credit's with their own picture or drunken passed out footage such as Renz and Smaug. And give extra credit to all the staff who makes everything possible.

So it's kinda early planning for June 06, but who's with me.....

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.
Re: We need a 06 Nats Forum

I'm with ya man! :tup: Getting some folks out that can film with decent equipment would be great!

I've got some copies to make of my own footage...Its in the wrong format (VHS-C, Yeah I know...stone age stylee) but when I get those copies made I'll send them to someone who can convert them, I think we should make some 05 DVDs as well!

Its great to get planned out for next year...after finally attending Nats I am SO much more excited about next year...I'm thinking of ways to make it better,... i.e. MORE SLEEP :D

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013

I have a friend that is a videographer.. im sure he wouldn't mind coming up and getting drunk with the rest of us.. ill have to talk to him.

newtyguy

0966Sy said:
I would like to contribute as much as i can towards next years Nationals as im sure many other's would
Agreed, lets start getting some ideas togther:tup: im down for helping in any way i can!
Heres a thought..........late night karaoke contest:rotf: :rotf:

0966Sy

Code what?

TYRODD said:
I'm with ya man! :tup: Getting some folks out that can film with decent equipment would be great!

I've got some copies to make of my own footage...Its in the wrong format (VHS-C, Yeah I know...stone age stylee) but when I get those copies made I'll send them to someone who can convert them, I think we should make some 05 DVDs as well!

Its great to get planned out for next year...after finally attending Nats I am SO much more excited about next year...I'm thinking of ways to make it better,... i.e. MORE SLEEP :D

Putting togather a video would probably take a couple weeks or so after the nationals to get out to everyone in the mail, considering all the footage that would have to be put togather and orginized. I dont mind waiting for a movie and providing the cash in advance to cover the costs. As long as we can put togather a media crew that would be dedicatded to putting somthing like this togather and taking lots of good footage of the whole weekend.

We could possibly put togather a 05 DVD for practice if we could gather enough video and pictures.

Will_in_China

Truckless Wonder

The challenge I see in this is not in getting fottage so much as I think a major portion of the effort is in getting it combined and edited.

I think the the focus should be on two specific categories having gone through this 2 nats ago: People taking footage. People editing and publishing footage.

I'd be willing to chip in IN ADVANCE into a syty nats video fund every year before the nats and I think that might be an approach to consider:
  1. Paypal escrow prepay on videos.
  2. Make sure it gets DONE.
  3. Ship videos to prepayers, rest of sales pats prepay is 100% profit for NATS fund.
2cents.gif

Loeryder

There were videos of almost every previous year.

Attendees would send in copies of their videos, one guy would donate a couple hundred hours of his time to sort through and edit all the video together.
Then someone would front the money for duplcating and printing covers.
About 3 months after Nats it would become available and all the guys who said they would buy one weren't around.
More often than not I believe it was a money losing effort.

I believe there are still 40 something vids left of 01 Nats in GB.
In 02 all of the privately shot videos were sent to Marty and thats the last anyone has seen of them.
Since then it has been a free for all, just shoot your own pics and vids and post them wherever whenever.

I am all game for bringing the annual vids back from the dead, but whoever is gonna head it up needs to be aware of the time and financial investment.

0966Sy

Code what?

My thoughts exactly Will, it will be a challange for sure but would be very cool to have a DVD to look back on. So getting to the technical part of media editing, who has such capabilities and knowlege to give it a shot? I've seen lots of cool video's made by board members and dont see a problem making one longer one with credits. Im sure it's time consuming and isnt exactly easy. I know Ted made a very cool video "timeline" of his Typhoon's build and it turned out very well.

Puting togather a 05 cd with pictures and music would even be a start to somthing.

0966Sy

Code what?

Loeryder said:
There were videos of almost every previous year.

Attendees would send in copies of their videos, one guy would donate a couple hundred hours of his time to sort through and edit all the video together.
Then someone would front the money for duplcating and printing covers.
About 3 months after Nats it would become available and all the guys who said they would buy one weren't around.
More often than not I believe it was a money losing effort.

I believe there are still 40 something vids left of 01 Nats in GB.
In 02 all of the privately shot videos were sent to Marty and thats the last anyone has seen of them.
Since then it has been a free for all, just shoot your own pics and vids and post them wherever whenever.

I am all game for bringing the annual vids back from the dead, but whoever is gonna head it up needs to be aware of the time and financial investment.

What kind of money are we talking about Jason? I dont think we need to go as far as making printed cover's and pictured disc's. I think putting all the edited footage on 1 DVD and copying them for whom ever donated to the cause shouldnt be to hard to put togather. Getting technical, im sure video editing is somthing an experienced person could do at home on there computer with the right software.

MikeRenz

not stock

I have access to a lab that i can edit all formats of vids together, and every dork i know can publish a dvd. We probably only have enough footage to fill up a regular cd in vcd format (still plays in an dvd player you spend more than $30 on)

The only problem is time. I'd be more than willing to piece the thing together, but i'm sure it'd take me at least 3 or 4 months to actually finish it. If no one else is willing....everyone start sending me copies of their videos. VHS, mini dv, whatever you have, i can convert it.

So if no one else wants to donate some time, i'll have at it. Blank CDs are cheap....I bet i could make, burn and ship a cd for $10 or less. As long as 500 people buy them i might even make $100 profit!! :lol:

Will_in_China

Truckless Wonder

I guess I like the idea of paying someone external so that we can pin them down.

I don't like the idea of pressuring community folks to meet deadlines for something that requires a substantial amount of effort.
Like tying music to the video and transitions and effects and stuff.

Having played with premier I don't consider it a minimal effort to do this professional-quality.

tnsyty

I have footage of the whole line up (minus eric and myself who were doing injectors), driving up interstate by teh double tree. It is when you all caravanned to the track. I am going to EVENTUALLY get it digitized by my friend so I can host it somewhere.

MikeRenz

not stock

tnsyty said:
I have footage of the whole line up (minus eric and myself who were doing injectors), driving up interstate by teh double tree. It is when you all caravanned to the track. I am going to EVENTUALLY get it digitized by my friend so I can host it somewhere.
well if this EVENTUALLY means months and months from now...is there any chance you can send me a copy so that i can digitize it in a more timely fashion. Digitizing takes no time....its the editing to make it a nice video that is painstaking.

93ty475

Donating Member

tnsyty said:

Was that you that was filming everyone going aroung the first curve/on-ramp for the Interstate? You were in the grass? I was wondering who that was.... :D That would be a nice video to check out...

0966Sy

Code what?

Ya i'd like to see it also, maybe you can see me in the background leaning over the engine bay of his Typhoon changing injectors and installing an Ultimate chip in an hour and 15 minutes. And i faught with the back passenger fuel rail bolt for twenty minutes.

I'd like to do all i can to help make a DVD or CD for the pc that includes a photo slideshow with some kick ass music and some video footage at the track. I think Renz could pull it off if everyone gets him there footage. Using the 05 Nats stuff should make for an interesting practice disc for 06. As long as we get plenty of footage at the nats and take many movies of random events from extra activities to drag racing. Should make out for as realy good DVD or CD.