Atco Raceway Friday 9/10

autoaddictions

Active member
Well ive spent the last few weeks making some small changes. Installed a AMS 1000 air assisted boost controller. Re adjusted front end limiters. Stiffened up rebound on the QA1s. Im now running 4 way Line locks on the brakes, it holds back some major boost . I tuned it on the street but we will see how it hooks at the track, Id like to see 20psi launches. I did over boost it a few times setting up the boost controller say 36 psi!!! WOOPS!!! I dont know if i hurt the head gaskets but its a possibility. Ive got it dialed in a 29 psi flat threw all the gears it should pick up if i can get the 60 foot to stick..

The temps are down the air is good so im heading to Atco Raceway for some Test And Tune passes on friday. If any locals are going i guess ill see you there.

Stay tuned for videos!!
 

autoaddictions

Active member
Re: Atco Raceway Friday 9/10

I will try to get there buy 6.30pm!! Im going to tow it there just in case the head gasket dont hold.
 

Try Me

New member
Re: Atco Raceway Friday 9/10

Good luck! ! You're right this weather is horsepower weather...
 

qbnkiller

Conflaguration Specialist
Re: Atco Raceway Friday 9/10

Good luck Frank! I was thinking of hitting the track today myself, but the new job has taken up all my time...
 

Ty's 93-TYPHOON

xxx BIG xxx
Re: Atco Raceway Friday 9/10

hope your work exceeds your expectations. please someone video the runs. this will give us entertainment. plus let him see what his truck is doing.
 

BoostedSUV

Active member
Re: Atco Raceway Friday 9/10

I was at Atco last weekend with my big block powered dragster and set a new personal best ET and MPH... The weather should be about the same so if all is well it should fly tonight! Goodluck! :tup:
 

autoaddictions

Active member
Re: Atco Raceway Friday 9/10

Well since i trailered Ty to the track i decided to make a 15 Psi run to warm up the drive train parts so i didnt break anything. As i had thought the head gasket was blown!! The coolant overflow was full after the 15 psi pass. However the line locks worked great. My friends and i headed for the Bar and threw some back for an hour or too. I decide to make one more pass with the boost cranked up to 30. Hell the head gasket was already blown.. My camera man was alittle sloppy so the video is not so good. You can see that the truck stayed flat and there was some major tire spin. I can see it will not take a 20psi launch. Anyway the truck ran 11.20 @127 blown head gasket leaking all the way down the track.
Looks like i need to do some wrenching this week. Any way heres the video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWcRR6RmVXY
 

qbnkiller

Conflaguration Specialist
Re: Atco Raceway Friday 9/10

bummer Frank. Sorry to hear about the issues! Think you'll get it back out there before the snow flies? Looks like the front-end is staying down much better though! What were your short times? 60'?
 

ViciousV6

400HP/550FTLB
Re: Atco Raceway Friday 9/10

Hit me up Frank when you go back to make some good runs. I will bring out the camera, i'm sea sick now gotta go throw up.

Damn hw hard is it to keep that camera steady.

Ralph
ViciousV6
 

Nova67ss

New member
Re: Atco Raceway Friday 9/10

Some better tires tha will do the trick :D U have some estimated Hp at 20 psi boost? just curiose We would like to launch Roberts truck at that boost lvl but all over 10 psi is killing tracktion etc etc
 

autoaddictions

Active member
Re: Atco Raceway Friday 9/10

Some better tires tha will do the trick :D U have some estimated Hp at 20 psi boost? just curiose We would like to launch Roberts truck at that boost lvl but all over 10 psi is killing tracktion etc etc

@ 20 psi im guessing 400to 450 hp. I made a mistake starting at 20. i should of started at 10 and worked my way up. I really need to loose these heavy 18" wheels too.
 
Top