Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

Turbo6

10.20@131.8
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

I still have reverse and the fluid looks normal so I am hoping its not too bad. I'll probably pull it out Monday and send it to Waller.
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

Phil should change his name to Yoda,The Timing Table Guru.

"More timing it needs,yes" :D

Congrats on the smokin 10.2 :cheers:
 

Turbo6

10.20@131.8
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

Jimmy said:
Phil should change his name to Yoda,The Timing Table Guru.

"More timing it needs,yes" :D

Congrats on the smokin 10.2 :cheers:

When it came to timing with these heads I listened to Nolan because of his experience with them and I thank him for sharing that information. I'm still not running quite as much timing as he is but close!
 

mhoover

Member
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

wow! stock ecu! thats impressive! dont know much bout the 80e but our 400 went 2 years b4 we even touched it. nice 60 ft also!

MATT
 

Windedv6

Ty n 10s
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

You probably broke the output shaft like I did...still had reverse and everything else was fine when I opened it up. I had a clean break right at the oil hole on the shaft that oils the case bushing. Nice to know that the rest of the trans is taking the punishment. A least holding up better than a cyroed outup shaft.

John
 

Turbo6

10.20@131.8
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

Windedv6 said:
You probably broke the output shaft like I did...still had reverse and everything else was fine when I opened it up. I had a clean break right at the oil hole on the shaft that oils the case bushing. Nice to know that the rest of the trans is taking the punishment. A least holding up better than a cyroed outup shaft.

John

Yeah thats probably what it is. Waller is going to put a cryoed 4x4 output shaft in it and try that. Should have it back together in a couple of weeks.
 

100in6

100in6
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

is the output shaft for a 4x4 stronger than the normal 700? is anyone making billet ones yet?

les
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

The 4x4 is stronger than the SyTy output shaft.
 

Deanzsyclone

New member
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

Damn phil I was looking at your gallery and that's a huge turbo! I think it's bigger than my T-68??
Nice time! I hope I can get mid 10's with my setup.
 

kwick6

Donating Member
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

100in6 said:
is anyone making billet ones yet?

les

billetoutput_001.jpg
 

Turbo6

10.20@131.8
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

deanzsyclone said:
Damn phil I was looking at your gallery and that's a huge turbo! I think it's bigger than my T-68??
Nice time! I hope I can get mid 10's with my setup.

nah its a 67mm still small......for now
 

100in6

100in6
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

how much does that billet shaft cost. do they have em in both input and output. it the price isn't too crazy i would think that would be the way to go if they are high quality. seems that when people break a tran this is one of the parts that go, along with clutches and converters.
 

Deanzsyclone

New member
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

Turbo6 said:
nah its a 67mm still small......for now

Well I guess it's been such a long time since I have seen mine that I forgot. Thanks for the reminder, nice to see that turbo could push you to a low 10, I would of never guessed, so there is hope for me yet.
 

Tydriver

TurboLS6 Powa'
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

hamrhead said:
WTF is up with that Camaro??

Look past the camaro, at the timing lights, thats a pic of his time...


Nice run Phil.. Thats moving.. I think hydroboost will be helpful as well...
 

hamrhead

Donating Member
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

Tydriver said:
Look past the camaro, at the timing lights, thats a pic of his time...

Yup - I noticed the timing board before I posted about the Camaro, but I couldn't help but ask anyway.:D
 

Turbo6

10.20@131.8
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

100in6 said:
how much does that billet shaft cost. do they have em in both input and output. it the price isn't too crazy i would think that would be the way to go if they are high quality. seems that when people break a tran this is one of the parts that go, along with clutches and converters.

Nolan is sending me a billet shaft to try.
 

Maxtor

New member
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

Turbo6 said:
Nolan is sending me a billet shaft to try.

Please keep us posted on how this turns out, Phil.
 

kwick6

Donating Member
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

100in6 said:
how much does that billet shaft cost. do they have em in both input and output. it the price isn't too crazy i would think that would be the way to go if they are high quality. seems that when people break a tran this is one of the parts that go, along with clutches and converters.

Cost for this shaft was around ~$400. This one is e4340, but I have a source that
can make them in 300M also.

The TDE kit is often used for an upgrade for the input shaft/drum.
 

Turbo6

10.20@131.8
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

Maxtor said:
Please keep us posted on how this turns out, Phil.

Seems to be working well. 1.45 60' and didnt break anything......yet :)
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
Re: Ran a 10.20 @ 132, 1.44 60' then she broke next pass

kwick6 said:

if someone had made this shaft correctly they wouldn't have put the oiling holes right next to each other. but then again we cant have everything right that would be asking too much, at least they tried. maybe next time around they will get it right.
 
Top