Surely heading for 12's

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
The night before last me and my wife went out and did a couple 1/4 mile runs with the laptop. It was nice and cool and had just rained. The road I was on was wet still. My first run got interupted by my wife accidentlly hitting the stop button. So I drove around the block to let it cool down a bit. Went for another pass and it felt really good except for the sliding off the line on the wet road. Heres what DM showed me:
KR-4* max
IATs-148*
19 psi
o2's-244? Dont knwo what the hell thats all about.

60'-2.07
1/4-13.2@94
0-60-5 sec.

I know Im still not in a better tune so Im pretty sure when I get this chip burning thing figured out, Ill easily dip into the 12's. Hell, Im thinking with a better 60' I can probably dip in. Keep in mind Im at 6,000ft. At sea level Ild probably be in the 12's. I might even be able to shave off another tenth by working on the boost control a little more. Its not as steady as it used to be.
 

JSM

Active member
Re: Surely heading for 12's

IAT's seem high how hot was it?

I would figure out the o2 volts also. Maybe change sensor see what happens.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Surely heading for 12's

It was about 60*, maybe 55*. Ive always had problems with high IAT's and even made a few posts about it but still can never seem to get it down from there. Before I fixed my fueling issues they were sky high at 179*. I turned the boost down and am just now starting to turn it back up. As for the o2's, I have an extra sensor laying around and will probably try it but I first will ditch my AFR gauge and solder the sensor wire back together first as I am suspicous it may be causing this to a point.
 

UR50SLO

V6+2=LSXCamaro
Re: Surely heading for 12's

If we can get there with everything stock but intercooler and chip you can too!

Looks like the MPH is off for that ET.. (too low)

I would not tune anything off a one wire anymore.. get a wideband.

At the least it'll save you a set of headgaskets or hopefully nothing worse.

Keep trying!
~Scott
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Surely heading for 12's

UR50SLO said:
At the least it'll save you a set of headgaskets or hopefully nothing worse.

Its obvious your from the buick side of GM turbocharging, in syty land we don't blown headgaskets instead we melt pistons and throw connecting rods.
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: Surely heading for 12's

You 60' sucks :rotf:

By running a 1.8 60', you will have taken .2 off your time. There is 13.0. Plus the additional speed at the 60' would put you in the 12's easy
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Surely heading for 12's

My best 60' is 1.78. Like I said, I s was doing this on a pretty wet road. I was all over the place for a littel bit htere.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Surely heading for 12's

UR50SLO said:
If we can get there with everything stock but intercooler and chip you can too!

Looks like the MPH is off for that ET.. (too low)

I would not tune anything off a one wire anymore.. get a wideband.

At the least it'll save you a set of headgaskets or hopefully nothing worse.

Keep trying!
~Scott

I agree, I thought it was kinda wierd myself but was thinking maybe my awful launch took away some MPH. Last run was13.6 @ 95. Im hopefully going to the track next Friday to hopefully run these times. I want to try and get an absolute best so when I get all my chipping stuff Ill ahve a good reference point.
 

ashman

------
Re: Surely heading for 12's

weight kills...let your wife drive and you can watch from the line...may even run a 12.5 :)
 

UR50SLO

V6+2=LSXCamaro
Re: Surely heading for 12's

In the wrong tune you'll pop head gaskets like M&M's on the Buick's...

Sounds like when somthing's off on our trucks we don't get off so easy :(

Guess I'll just keep playing it safe till I build a engine and have a 4L80 done.

Thanks for the tip....I think ;)
~Scott
 

sy2675

He Saved the Pimp'n Game!
Re: Surely heading for 12's

TYTILIDIE said:
Are you saying my wife is a fatass?

i AM PRETTY SURE SINCE HE TOLD YOU TO WATCH FROM THE SIDELINES THAT YOU ARE A FATASS! :rotf: BUT I WOULDNT KNOW!
 

turrrbo6

Member
Re: Surely heading for 12's

get some alky which will lower your knock and iat's. mine is around 110 riding around and drops 20-30 degrees under boost with zero knock.
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Surely heading for 12's

TYTILIDIE said:
I agree, I thought it was kinda wierd myself but was thinking maybe my awful launch took away some MPH. Last run was13.6 @ 95. Im hopefully going to the track next Friday to hopefully run these times. I want to try and get an absolute best so when I get all my chipping stuff Ill ahve a good reference point.

If you get all that chipping stuff,,,,, you'll have to take off "Ghetto tunning rocks!" :tup:
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Surely heading for 12's

sy2675 said:
i AM PRETTY SURE SINCE HE TOLD YOU TO WATCH FROM THE SIDELINES THAT YOU ARE A FATASS! :rotf: BUT I WOULDNT KNOW!

:lol: Thats alright, I do outweigh her by about 70 lbs.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Surely heading for 12's

16Sy16 said:
Hey, I've been around you two. You are the one that always call her a fat ass :rotf:

Yeah but you kjwo Im kidding. Do you think shes fat? She weighs 135 and is 5, 6 with a healthy c low d. No me on the other hand, I know I have a few pounds to lose.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Surely heading for 12's

It's just a six said:
If you get all that chipping stuff,,,,, you'll have to take off "Ghetto tunning rocks!" :tup:

I know, that'll be a great day. An opening to a door that my wife willprobably leave me for. Oh well, life goes on. :lol:
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: Surely heading for 12's

TYTILIDIE said:
Yeah but you kjwo Im kidding. Do you think shes fat? She weighs 135 and is 5, 6 with a healthy c low d. No me on the other hand, I know I have a few pounds to lose.

No, you wife isn't fat. But you could stand to loose a few pounds... ;)
 
Top