Syclone racing on Speed

mrweelr

New member
Re: Syclone racing on Speed

Cool video, amazing that he was able to outcorner a WRX and Tsi. The guy in the Talon was driving squidly, no doubt.
 

jwaller

Evil Genius/SyTy Guru
Re: Syclone racing on Speed

keep in mind that this race is a 1 lap shootout, and I didnt get into how they were started, dunno if it was standing or rolling.
 

ericguy320

Stupid Member
Re: Syclone racing on Speed

I also talked to this guy when I had the Ty at the autofair last month, said it was a low mile truck when he got it, he is having asome spark knock problem with it now.
 
Re: Syclone racing on Speed

Spectator drags/races are lots of fun... and sometimes expensive. These races are for street legal vehicles only. Usually one lap around the track- sometimes two. Starting from a dead stop at the start/finish line or most often coming out of turn four. All tracks but one that I've been to allow you to change lanes whenever you want. Langley Speedway, in VA, had cones all the way around the track- couldn't change lanes there, so whoever was on the inside had the advantage. Anyway, you can imagine that I get to turn one first.

I will get it straightened up and painted sometime, as $$$ becomes available... it needs a trans rebuild right now though- just ask John. And thanks John for your time and advise you gave me during my visit. BTW, I have a video of the Cobra hitting me at Concord in 2001. It is cool, except for the damage. The video also includes a guy that totalled his car the same night! The Cobra at Concord was running nitrous just like the Talon at Lowe's. The guy in the Cobra said he would do repairs but never did. The kid in the Talon apologized about 100 times and gave me a few bills (for the left rear tire, windshield, left arch and left rear cladding).

There are several tracks that do this type of racing- especially in the Northeast. Do a search for "spectator drags" or "spectator races" on the net and you'll see. Some dirt tracks too!

syc1148
aka "Adam Clark"
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: Syclone racing on Speed

Man, gonna do almost a full resto on this truck by the time your done racing it huh.. :lol:
 
Re: Syclone racing on Speed

Man that sucks to see a sy get hit. I hope that doesnt happen to me next month. A group of us from Little Rock are renting Hallett speedway june 18. We are going to get 5 20 minute sesions. This will be a first for me.
 

crashing_sux

Blow Me?
Re: Syclone racing on Speed

You can't attach it but you could upload it to putfile.com if it's under 10mb, then post the link here. If it's larger one of the other members here may be able to host it or have an idea where to put it.
 
Re: Syclone racing on Speed

That site will not take *.rm files. It's 2.6M and worth every byte... if you like to make fun of other's misfortune.
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: Syclone racing on Speed

anyway to download that video? I can hear it but not see it :dunno: :roll:
 

crashing_sux

Blow Me?
Re: Syclone racing on Speed

Hmm...works fine for me. Maybe you don't have the microsoft mpeg 4 codec? I can re-post it in another format, or if you'd like pm me your email and I'll send you the file. If you open it in media player it should just work (downloading the codec automagically if you don't have it).
 

crashing_sux

Blow Me?
Re: Syclone racing on Speed

I don't know the full story yet but he gets hit three separate times by my count by the same guy, it seriously looks like the guy is trying to hit him but maybe he just has no f'ing clue how to drive or even hit the brakes when he loses control because in between hits he's obviously on the gas hard trying to keep up. Very strange.
 

Typhoonracer

Old Guard GURU
Re: Syclone racing on Speed

I took my TY to a road course a few years back and it is a blast...
ALOT more fun then the parking lot around a bunch of cones and takes TONS more skill to do...
High speed autocross is the only way to fly...
I am doing it again when the TY is back together.....
 
Top