CA 1991 GMC SYCLONE for sale

beast171

New member
Nice California truck. No rust.

Up for sale is my long time Love, great story behind this truck. Time to let go, I have other projects I want to get to. Im the second owner, engine was redone last year havent put many miles on it. I would use it once in a while.

Details:
VORTEC HEAD SWAP WITH BIGGER INCONEL VALVES
INTAKE MANIFOLD WELDED FOR VORTEC HEADS
BOTH PORTED TO MATCH
SCORPION ROLLER ROCKER ARMS
TALL VALVE COVERS (RPM ALUMINUM)
NEEDS BIGGER TURBO AND COMPUTER REPROGRAMING (CURRENT TURBO SMOKES)
CAM SHAFT MODIFIED BY CROWER TO HEADS AND MANIFOLD SPECS
TIRES HAVE ARROUND 80% TREAD
ORIGINAL INTERIOR NOT TORN
COLD WORKING A/C NEW COMPRESSOR
HAD IT REPAINTED 2YRS AGO. HAS SOME CLEAR COAT PEELING OFF
YOU CAN SEE IN PICTURES
STOCK TRANSMISSION
NEW A/C DELCO FUEL PUMP
NEW FUEL TANK WHEN I PURCHASED THE VEHICLE
ALUMINUM RADIATOR
ALUMINUM OVERFLOW BOTTLE
2 GUAGE POD
CLEAN TITTLE IN HAND
148,000 MILES + -
VEHICLE IS PLACED ON "PNO" NO LATE FEES OR PENALTIES DUE
ORIGINAL STEERING WHEEL INCLUDED, TOOK IT OFF I WANTED TO RE-WRAP IT NEVER DID
NEEDS CENTER CONSOLE LID
POWER LOCKS DONT WORK
NO RADIO
I WILL SEND PICS UPON REQUEST TO YOUR EMAIL.


ANY QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW

email: beast171@att.net

$10,000 or make me an offer.

http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/pablo_virgen1/slideshow/
 
Last edited:

1blkc4

Donating Member
Re: 1991 GMC SYCLONE for sale

Man if I was looking for a syclone I would be all over this glws !!!!
 

Norm

Donating Member
Re: 1991 GMC SYCLONE for sale

what does PNO mean? I'm old so to me it means parents night out, but pretty sure in this case, it doesn't. Bump for you in the mean time.
 

DaveP

Active member
Re: 1991 GMC SYCLONE for sale

what does PNO mean? I'm old so to me it means parents night out, but pretty sure in this case, it doesn't. Bump for you in the mean time.

"Prior declaration of Non Operation". In California, if you do not pay renewal fees prior to expiration, you accrue penalties and back-fees on the non-timely renewal. These fees can often exceed the value of the vehicle itself if left to accrue for a few years.

California has a deal where you state that you will not be operating the vehicle after the expiration of the current registration. You do this PRIOR to the expiration. IF you operate it anyway, and get caught, there are penalties and you have to pay the back registrations all the way to the original expiration. So once it's on a non-opp or PNO, you don't want to drive it. Again, the penalties are more than the worth of the truck.

Long-winded explanation, but 'PNO" is of interest to anyone contemplating the purchase of a Cali non-running truck if it is going to be re-registered in California. If it's leaving Cali, no biggie.
 

Norm

Donating Member
Re: 1991 GMC SYCLONE for sale

Thanks Dave. I learned something today. Yippee !!!!! lol
 

MotoCam360

Member
Re: 1991 GMC SYCLONE for sale

I had to pay about $400 in these "fees" before I could drive my TY from CA to WA....sucks big time!! Seller didn't inform me of these crazy CA licensing rules...had to learn the hard way!
 

DaveP

Active member
Re: 1991 GMC SYCLONE for sale

I had to pay about $400 in these "fees" before I could drive my TY from CA to WA....sucks big time!! Seller didn't inform me of these crazy CA licensing rules...had to learn the hard way!

If it was leaving California, why did you pay for California registration? What a waste. California has a "One Trip Permit" available. They cost $15, and will allow one trip between any two points within or without California, or one round trip from the same point of origin for something like a show, or aftermarket body modifications (commercial) etc. I've used these many times.

I've been involved in two deals where a California truck on a PNO with expired registration was delivered to buyers in Michigan. In both cases, the buyers were able to obtain insurance and plates for the trucks in Michigan, send them to me, and I was legal to transport/drive their truck to the transfer point. There are probably a lot of States that this can be done in without having the vehicle actually present. California isn't one of them, the vehichle has to be "verified" by a Cali inspector before new registration can be issued.

There are other ways too. But paying fees to the state the vehicle is leaving doesn't make sense at all. For $400 in fees, plus the cost of the drive, you probably could have covered the cost of commercial transport.

This is a great testimonial to the usefulness of Forums. When something like this comes up, ask the question. The answers will vary from pure made-up BS, to peeps that know what they're talking about. Read up, make a decision, and count the savings.
 

beast171

New member
Re: 1991 GMC SYCLONE for sale

Sorry guys been disconnected for a while. Been busy at work and home. Thanks Dave P for helping out on the PNO explanation. :) If you guys need any more Info go ahead and call me its easier that way. MON-FRI 8:00am - 5:00pm. Its still for sale. Haven't done nothing to it lately. I'm just going to service the A/C and that's about it. If you have any question, you can call me at work no problem just ask for JR. 760-357-3877. Just tell Miguel at the counter its in regards to the Syclone, other wise he wont pass me the phone. To many telemarketing calls. Thanks guys have a blessed week end.
 

Owned

Member
Re: 1991 GMC SYCLONE for sale

Sorry guys been disconnected for a while. Been busy at work and home. Thanks Dave P for helping out on the PNO explanation. :) If you guys need any more Info go ahead and call me its easier that way. MON-FRI 8:00am - 5:00pm. Its still for sale. Haven't done nothing to it lately. I'm just going to service the A/C and that's about it. If you have any question, you can call me at work no problem just ask for JR. 760-357-3877. Just tell Miguel at the counter its in regards to the Syclone, other wise he wont pass me the phone. To many telemarketing calls. Thanks guys have a blessed week end.



Some pictures all around the truck would be nice! Unless I missed the linked to pictures.
 

beast171

New member
Re: 1991 GMC SYCLONE for sale

Good morning, anyone interested? I really need it gone. Make me an offer, I might surprise you. Seriously Im not using it, its currently registered. Clean CA title, second owner. Need current pictures send me a text and I will send you pics 1-442-200-7152. Serious inquiries only please, lets not waste each others time.
 
Top