2012 Shindig - Who's Coming?

sytyguy

Moderated User
Re: 2012 Shindig - Who's Coming?

Yea I normally just carry my little .380 but you can bet your ass i will have my 1911, .3080, and .40 (backup) ready to go on me.
Nice. I just got Jess an LCP .380 to carry when she's on call. She loads and fires it like a pro. Makes me worry less when she leaves the house.

SYO237

SyTy Registry

Pope, I need a recording of you saying:

"Oh. My. Gawd."

and

"Daaaaang"

So I can put it on continual loop during the entire event.

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.

Pope, I need a recording of you saying:

"Oh. My. Gawd."

and

"Daaaaang"

So I can put it on continual loop during the entire event.

No need, my good man. My Pope impersonation will be in full effect.

Pope, I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that you show up, but I've got you covered if not.

sytyguy

Moderated User

Well, gas around here just hit $2.99 (for 87 octane), so it looks like the associated costs are going down.

11 days to go.....

SYO237

SyTy Registry

Well, gas around here just hit $2.99 (for 87 octane), so it looks like the associated costs are going down.

11 days to go.....

Wow...cheap! Average around here is around 3.38-3.45

graham1524

So what exactly are the plans for us showing up thursday? I have a place to stay, a great aunt that is giving me a room, but I can still make it to dinner thursday I'm pretty sure.

sytyguy

Moderated User

Right now, it's kinda of loosey goosy. Adam, Rodney, and myself will be at my house but the majority of the day will be wrenching and running around finishing up preparation. Thurs night there will be more guys rolling in (Harmon's crew, etc...) and we had informally planned to go eat at a good seafood joint (Shell House or Love's most likely).

graham1524

Right now, it's kinda of loosey goosy. Adam, Rodney, and myself will be at my house but the majority of the day will be wrenching and running around finishing up preparation. Thurs night there will be more guys rolling in (Harmon's crew, etc...) and we had informally planned to go eat at a good seafood joint (Shell House or Love's most likely).

Could you PM me an address so I could see if its far off my driving path? And then registration Friday is going to take place at the hotel im assuming?

sytyguy

Moderated User

Yeah, Fri-Sun will be all at the hotel (and dragstrip and autox course).

Hotel Address: 20 Mill Creek Circle, Pooler, GA 31322
Loves Seafood: 6817 Basin Road Savannah, GA 31419

Where are you staying Thur night at (specifically where)?

graham1524

Yeah, Fri-Sun will be all at the hotel (and dragstrip and autox course).

Hotel Address: 20 Mill Creek Circle, Pooler, GA 31322
Loves Seafood: 6817 Basin Road Savannah, GA 31419

Where are you staying Thur night at (specifically where)?

I'm staying on the corner of Abercorn and 49th street so it looks like a 20 minute drive to the hotel

sytyguy

Moderated User

Yeah, you can head up to E 37th street and jump on I-16 W, take that to I-95 N and get off on exit 104.

wheels

Donating Member

Flights, hotel and rental car are booked.

I am down for autox and drag, but I am probably just gonna do autox.

sytyguy

Moderated User

Here's the flyer for the Shindig in case anyone wants to digest it beforehand:

[Full Size version here for printing - CLICK HERE]

2m5yvsx.jpg

canadian

sy in progress

Are we gonna have name tags and such, so we know who is who? I'll just sport the Canada shirt and drink a shit ton so people know who I am.

sytyguy

Moderated User

Yessir, got the tags made last week. You'll get a full reg pack with name tag, shirt, condoms, raffle ticket, Best of Show ballot, nude pic of Jeff Scott, sponsor info, information flyer, and a locket of Adam's beard.

So as soon as you check-in at the reg table, you're a winner.

TYHOGG

I'm not going. Can't get truck running right, still salty from not getting the stuff i won in the drawing last shindig.

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks

So clean the salt out of it , spray down with some vagisil , and go without the truck . Problem solved but if you don't go , can I have l Jeff's picture out of your bag ? :D