20lbs on a 2 bar map.

bryan

New member
Re: 20lbs on a 2 bar map.

The reason why I went with the 4.11 is I was barly getting it to 4th at the traps. At 112mph with the 3.73 I was at 4500-4800. With the 4.11 I should be around 5200rpm. (according to a speed calculator) I want to be able to run out 4th gear. At 6000 rpm and the 4.11 I would be running 125mph. That is my target mph, That would give me a low 11 or high 10. at 600+hp I should get there. At 12 psi I am around 500hp. Wtih a 75shot that should put me at 600hp or more. I run 20 inch wheels and 16inch mt streets at the track. These are both 28 inch tall tires. My strongest gear is 4th, thats where all my power is because its a 1 to1 ratio. I also had an issue of bogging out of the hole in 1st. I am setting the two step for about 4000rpm. I am building about 5 psi off the line, and then it bogs alittle, then it goes. I went to the track last month runing 12-14psi and ran a 12.7 @112mph with a 2.2 60ft. If I can get it down to a 1.7-1.8 I should be at 12.0's or high 11's. I didn't want to turn the boost up because the stock ecm can only read MAF to about 600hp . So I am going SD (hp tuners)with the 2 bar map and NOS. I figure I should be able to use the NOS out the hole and alittle during the run. I think I am bogging because my compresion is so low and need to bring the rpm higher during the launch. Nos increases your compresion alittle, so it should help. I dont think I want to push 20psi any more, I think its alttle much for my truck.. What do you think?
 

UR50SLO

V6+2=LSXCamaro
Re: 20lbs on a 2 bar map.

Your making the MPH to run 11's right now. Need to figure out why your 60' time is so bad.
How much does the truck weigh? 4000+ right?
It's a 6speed stick shift right...? how are you building boost with a stick?
I thought the 6speed was alot tighter geared than what your describing.
I know my friends 94Z28 go's though the gears real fast.. he runs 10.40's but still.. he's a shifting maniac.
Get the AFR's in the mid 11's and see what happens... look at the AFR's on launch. that might help you dial in the bog. HP tuners is a good program for what your doing..
Sounds cool!!!!!
Scott~
 

bryan

New member
Re: 20lbs on a 2 bar map.

UR50SLO said:
Your making the MPH to run 11's right now. Need to figure out why your 60' time is so bad.
How much does the truck weigh? 4000+ right?
It's a 6speed stick shift right...? how are you building boost with a stick?
I thought the 6speed was alot tighter geared than what your describing.
I know my friends 94Z28 go's though the gears real fast.. he runs 10.40's but still.. he's a shifting maniac.
Get the AFR's in the mid 11's and see what happens... look at the AFR's on launch. that might help you dial in the bog. HP tuners is a good program for what your doing..
Sounds cool!!!!!
Scott~

Thanks for the info. The truck weighs about 4400lbs with me in it. 6 speed yes, I have a two step that alows me to use a rev limiter (4000rpm) to build boost with the clutch in. As the motor hits the limiter, I floor it. It dumps fuel and creats a load on the motor to build boost off the line. I build about 5 psi and pop the clutch. As far as the 6 speed goes in the truck vs. the camero, I think the difference is in the tire size. The average camero with run a 26 inch tall tire and the average truck will run a 28 and up. Other than that, I don't know why the 3.73 or 3.42 is not working better for me, rather than the 4.11 ( i think it will work better, not proven yet untill I get to the track) Yes with that MPH I have seen trucks like mine run 11.9's-12.0's. If I turn up the boost I think I will be mid 11's or better. I just was not hooking, 2.2 60fts are not going to do it. I think I just need to go to the track consistanly with out changing anything, and practice. I only been to the track with this truck twice and there has been different changes both times. I am still learning the truck, it will get better. On the dyno it likes the 11.0's, I think because it is a rear mount, the extra fuel helps spool the turbo. I will try to look at the afr at the launch and dial in that bog. I think the bog will go away if I up the two step to 4500 or 5000rpm, but I dont like droping the clutch like that. I know alot of f body guys that do that but I weigh alittle more. Some say to just slip the clutch, I have not tryed that yet. Thanks again. Bryan.
 
Top