Another VICTIM of Waller performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloneman315

Active member
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

Not taking sides on this subject,but i have seen this said many times before.were people say this isnt a vendors full time job blah blah,if someone is taking money for a sevice they need to treat it like one,ok so maybe a few more days than normal but when you take someones money on time you need to hold up your end also.And this is not going to john,as personally i have had great service from him,but just in general ,
 

Ty 1885

Member
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

I dealt with other venders on here, they always notified me if there is a problem (wont be on time, need more parts, and so on) and when i got my part, it WAS as promised!
Bottom line is this; You help fix someones car/truck that is a friend. You take someones money to fix there car/truck, that is business. You take peoples money and dont deliver then you are out of business!
I hope that Waller learns how customers should be treated and changes for the better..
 

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

All feedback, good and bad....CAN be referred to in the Trader Rating portions of the site. It is not used religiously by everyone....but if it were, would give others a heads up when selecting vendors for their projects/parts.

The point of it was to work like the eBay feedback system. To date, it had been used a decent amount....but definitely not to the full extent that it was devised. I encourage everyone to use the Trader Rating, especially as a buyer...to help educate everyone else who is considering purchasing from that same individual/vendor. Please don't turn it into a bashfest or negative only....we all know that there are way more positive deals than negative.
 

nello

Active member
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

People buy and sell these trucks all the time. Having new customers I'd imagine is what some vendors must rely on to stay in business...

My feelings are starting to lean towards spending cash, well, with a buisness. At least that's the way I like it. I don't wanna be buddy buddy w/ a guy and feel awkward about asking for stuff, when will this be done, :blah: I'd rather just pay, get what I want and move on. If it works out we will do buisness again but I'm NOT in the buisess of f**cking around. My life has somewhat of a schedule.

Other vendors on a hobby basis? I'm assuming that it's a much cheaper route and works for folks that have a bit of patience. Not my strong suite. So I can totally see why people want to support waller. I do. Shoot, if I ever need something I'm sure he'll help. But knowing this is his hobby tells me I should look elsewhere first. If he's the only one offering what i need then whatever, I'm going to be okay with him taking his time and hoping for the best.

To me It's kinda like when you lend money to a friend, don't expect it back. Asking more than once and not getting paid back could end up ruining a relationship. You just have to not give them anymore money, and wait and hope your pal remembers his debt....and that you have a hobby too. :splat:

.
 

JSM

Active member
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

I really wanted to stay away from this topic being a vendor (somewhat former vendor at this point).

I know personally this has always been a hobby that turned part time business for the fact nobody offered something that was needed (motor mounts were my first design), or the current design I didn't like or agree with.

It isn't easy, you work full time to come home and know you must go to work again. Family aside, relaxing, etc. Sometimes I did a good job getting things done, other times I have failed miserable.

But in the end there is a customer, money exchanged, parts or service involved.

My best advice to anybody customer, vendor, friend, anything is communication can reduce a lot of issues/concers.
 

420

Broke Ass Racing
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

TwinTurboV8Ty said:
My best advice to anybody customer, vendor, friend, anything is communication can reduce a lot of issues/concers.

Communication is make or break when doing business at a distance, which has to represent 90%+ of the transactions on this board. :)
 

Mario65

Hotrodicus Supersonicus
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

I am sure I have more to loose than all of you with my truck in his garage. I was promised 2-3 weeks. I just spoke to him. It is on schedule according to him. No complaints here. I do have immense expectations with what he just did for Hacking. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
 

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

For everyone reading this thread... if you aren't aware of the Trader Rating System, please check out Trader Rating 101.

The more we use it, the more we know. And according to GI Joe, knowing is half the battle. :lol: :lol: :tup:
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

like i said some work is sometimes worth waiting for,john does for sure know whats going on,no doubt.
 

Foot Performance

Donating Member
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

Well I am getting a turbo done by him I did do a little research on how he work and yes comunication from the gettgo was not really there but since then it has been ok.

I knew it was gunna take awhile to get it done but I wanted what he had and to me if you dont like dont buy it. If you are fed up try and get money back but be willing to follow the rules if he wants parts back or shiping cost you should have to give in to that and come to an agreement :2cents:

Not really taking sides but to me a vendor is a vendor these truck need as much support as possible :tup:
 

mattw

Active member
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

gt71ss said:
HEY JOHN...you wanna come in on this? GT

With John's response time it'll take him at least two weeks to reply to this.. ;)


-Matt
 

gt71ss

Member
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

see that let's john off the hook. he's been here today but doesn't wanna respond.
there's a few of us out here you took avantage of, give us your best shot!!! GT
 

toolmann

Member
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

my dealings with Waller have all had a positive outcome. sometime it takes awhile to hear back,but the end result has always been positive. like its been said,these guys have alot going on. why comms cant be better,i dont know. i have 0 patients myself,but sometimes..you want something very specific,you gotta roll with it. otherwise,shop around,do some research before you commit.

imho,the 'trader rating' is not very dependable...iv had dealings with other vendors,and members that have NOT been soo positive,but they all have a perfect rating!
i went through 4 or 5 sources for a piece of cladding,all with a 'perfect trader rating',all selling(or at the last minute,not selling) a specifically agreed on item,all sending me the wrong,or blatently mis-represented items. no reply to pms' or ems'..waiting for refunds...return shipping..
im suposed to be the dick to leave them a first neg?
very frustrating.
 
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

hey jeff, long time no talk to!
what've you been up the least few years?
-mike
PS - i'm not making judgements, but i own the local speedshop - and good customer service is EVERYTHING.
poor communication is the worst thing you can do.
next worst is taking on work you can't complete in a timely fashion to an adequate standard.
that has brought down about half the shops i know of over the last 25ish years.
 

420

Broke Ass Racing
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

gt71ss said:
see that let's john off the hook. he's been here today but doesn't wanna respond.
there's a few of us out here you took avantage of, give us your best shot!!! GT

Walelr won't touch this with a ten foot pole. He knows very well that there are several people out there that he has downright SCREWED, myself included. He will just leave this thread alone, and hope it goes away.

That is why I have my new addition to my sig. I strongly urge the others of you out there to do the same. That way, each and every time you post, you are sending a reminder to everyone of what happens when you do business with John Waller.
 

Flyin Ryan

hated cuz he drives fords
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

420 said:
Walelr won't touch this with a ten foot pole. He knows very well that there are several people out there that he has downright SCREWED, myself included. He will just leave this thread alone, and hope it goes away.

Just curious but how is that engine that you got screwed on holding up for you?
 

420

Broke Ass Racing
Re: Another VICTIM of Waller performance

Flyin Ryan said:
Just curious but how is that engine that you got screwed on holding up for you?

Haven't gotten past 3 lbs of boost yet, since Waller told me I'm supposed to put 5K break in miles on it. Yes, 5 thousand...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top