Buying my first Typhoon :)

Brevlle

I'm a worthless piece of shit.
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

All I asked was somebody to either take a look at it, or tell me why I shouldn't buy it. I understand the price is high, but barring the price, what is REALLY wrong with this typhoon?
 

sychris

Member
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

everybody has given you good advice . dont get ripped off . the people on this forum have typhoons and syclones maybe 2 or 3 . they know what you are getting into . you will be working on this truck sometime soon if you buy it . do you really want to pay 14k to have the hood open every weekend ? wait till you get the cash and buy on from someone here not from someone who is just flipping it , and nobody wants to look at this truck with you cause nobody here would even consider it for that price . its not that nobody will help you its nobody wants to help you get ripped off and taken advantage of
 

vmack

New member
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

right, is that why youre desperately searching for Subarus and Mitsubishis right now? Stick with what you know kid, besides you can get those things at dealerships, which will allow you to put $2000 down and $500 a month. :lol:

I hate to say it (LOL) but this is what u should do.
 
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

All I asked was somebody to either take a look at it, or tell me why I shouldn't buy it. I understand the price is high, but barring the price, what is REALLY wrong with this typhoon?


Looking at the picture alone, it is not 100% stock, no reason it should be commanding that high of a price at all. You are paying almost double what it is worth. You would be better off getting one in the Spring when you can afford it outright from someone on this board that has kept meticulous records, and kept their truck as clean as possible. I don't understand why you are in such a rush though with winter coming. Now>later, but in this case, I think you will find a better example of a TY at almost half the price if you can just be patient.
 

TNPhoon

1of28
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

You want just 1 reason regarding the truck itself? Fine. It looks like a ****ing hotwheels truck. And you say you aren't going to keep the paint as is, so you will have another +5k in painting it, assuming you do it correctly. If you think you're going to get it painted for a grand, then you're smoking some way better shit than I am. By the time its said and done you're going to have $20k in the truck, assuming that absolutely nothing else is wrong (yeah right). Over 20k for a truck that's worth 7k?if you don't see a problem with that, then you're an idiot. Sorry. But that's the truth.

You have been advised by everyone on here not to do it. But if you're going to, do it. You don't need our permission. Wait. Save up. Buy a nicer one after the first of the year. Or be prepared to make a huge financial mistake.
 

BoostedSUV

Active member
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

You know what... F*ck it, buy it for 14k! If that ugly POS can fetch that kind of money then there might be some other dumbass out there who will give me 17k for my truck. You know what they say, there's an ass for every seat. In this case, there's a dumbass for every seat.

Who gives a flying f*ck if he's taking payments. That doesn't constitute paying double what it's worth. With that said do what you want, its your money to burn do what you will but don't come crying back here looking for our symathy.
 

Norm

Donating Member
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

I was almost feeling bad for this guy. Not any more. Enough people have told you what not to do , if you go ahead well. ......... enjoy your ty. Unless your buying it to resell. And then well good luck with that also.
 

Captain Morgan

Moderated User
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

Uhh... I think he was agreeing with you Captain..... :fan:

well, vmack and I dont get along, so I guess took it as directed towards me, not going along with me.

if I am mistaken, Im sure vmack will understand why I read it that way, and I'll apologize to him now :tup:

but if not, then my sarcastic statement above still stands :rotf:

I believe vmack and I have just agreed to disagree with each other (in most cases). I'm not going out of my way to start shit with him, and I hope he feels the same. I know I have better things to do, I'm sure he does too, and syty.net is big enough for the both of us :tup:
 

bshaw1979

New member
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

I'm not searching for anything. I was trying to find a decent awd vehicle. I can definitely say I will not frequent this forum. Nobody is even willing to look at it to see what is wrong. There was one helpful guy the whole time I have been here. Congratulations, you have all shown true colors.


You are a turd. Nobody wants to hold your hand to go look at this overpriced truck. If the situation is real you have proven yourself to dumb to own one of these trucks. I will not allow it.
 

Icarus-54

Donating Old Member
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

After reading this entire thread,I think I better go burn a big fat one.Both the poster and the post have disaster written all over them.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

Just lock it already. You can lead a horse to water...

Not so quick...please. I wanna see Bounty Boy put up a pic of his Bounty Hunter government badge cause I don't think he has one. He claims to have a camera but doubtful he has enough wisdom to operate it.

I am still waiting.....................
 
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

Not so quick...please. I wanna see Bounty Boy put up a pic of his Bounty Hunter government badge cause I don't think he has one. He claims to have a camera but doubtful he has enough wisdom to operate it.

I am still waiting.....................

I doubt you will see it. As much BS as he is typing up, he would have found time to throw up some proof if he had it. It looks like Jimmy has a strong case against you dude. Either way it looks like you are very ignorant, whether it be you are still considering a purchase after what all these guys have said, or if you are here trying to fish for a fool. This is the last place someone should come to get double market value for that truck, you should know better than this.:2cents:

By the way if there is someone foolish enough to ask $15K for that truck, there is someone equally as dumb that will want it. Keep looking. Hell maybe I'll hit the numbers, pay $15k for it just to rest your mind.:roll:
 

turboj91

New member
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

If in fact this is legit, here are a few things to chew on.

Insurance work is my profession. In the event of a Total Loss, you will be paid a fair market value. The insurance company's opinion of a fair market value computed within state law regulations. Look at the info Jimmy found on you. Don't think the insurance company can't find the prior history of this truck and what it sold for. Also, the paint job has a negative effect on the market value. Heck, even you are stating you will have it painted. So let's say the ACV is $8500 payable less your deductible. You hold the title. Cool. You have to send it to the insurance company. They will pay you direct. Cool but... you still owe money to the guy your making payments to. How will you feel then. Don't think you can just stop paying him.

Speaking of paying him. If you make a deal for monthly payments and he gives you the title, he is more foolish than you are. Make your down payment, take the title and the truck. Once you get home register the truck and then why do you need to pay him anything more. You have the truck and the title and he is NOT listed as a lienholder. It's yours outright. SCORE for you. If he calls the cops and they knock on your door, show the title and the bill of sale and claim you paid in full or just show the title in your name and your registration. Deny everything else. You have the clear title and posession of the truck. The seller is out of luck. Deny you signed a contract. Forged signature officer, I paid in full, that's how I got the title. Your in the clear.

Really think about this aforementioned paragraph. Do you think the seller is really that stupid to not afford himself any protection against an 18 year old. In the above, someone is going to get screwed. Think it is you or him. It is simply NOT the way the system works. If he takes payments, he should be holding the title (in your name) as a lienholder and then release it to you when the load is satisfied.

Talk to your Dad. He should know how the "system" works. Get his opinion. He will give you good advice. No dad should want their 18 year old son to get screwed nor should he want to watch you severely overpay for any purchase. Consider the last selling price the market value. Why should you pay about 1.5 times more?

You also wonder why no one wants to meet you and inspect the truck. You have not taken any advise given. You seem to just want to go and get this truck. No one wants to go and waste their time. It seems that by your attitude and desire to get this truck that even if someone picked you up at the airport, brought you to the seller, inspected the truck, found a whole shopping list of things wrong and made a recommendation to NOT buy the truck, you would buy it anyway. That is a total waste of time for the board member who picked you up. People are trying to help but you seem to only want to do it your way. That is the way you come off here. Why would anyone want to continue to help with the inspection? Offer up $500 cash for someone to help you. Maybe then it won't be a total waste of their time no matter what you decide.

Update us once you have talked to your dad. BTW, why did you have to buy him a truck?
 

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: Buying my first Typhoon :)

I can get a flight to Denver for the $1500 you have and will do a thorough inspection for you. LMK.
 
Top