Chip identification

Tymax

Inside the ECU I found this. Do I understand correctly that this is a noname custom chip and there's no easy way to find out what are the specs?

284020761_1205539446938217_1573862009691082274_n.jpg

Inside the ECU I found this. Do I understand correctly that this is a noname custom chip and there's no easy way to find out what are the specs?

View attachment 1865337
The SST chip is a generic chip thats provided by a manufacturer for burning tunes to. However, interestingly, I found when looking up the chip it seems to be for Honda's, and some Acura's. I'm assuming thats why there is a Moates Adapater there. I would want to verify the calibration with some sort of Tuning program, or have someone else verify the calibrations on it. That will give you some general idea of what the calibrations of the chip are.

Tymax

After some searching and reading... It seems to be EEPROM that probably has a custom tune on it. To see that tune, I need some equipment and software. Still, (spare) chips in the first post have decals on them that probably mean something...

I'll get the tools and start to research the tune(s). Thanks!

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
That is a common setup that was used when tuning with Code59. It is very likely Code59 was used to tune the truck. One way to find out what is on the chip would be to get an Ostridge. The chip can be downloaded to the Ostridge. They can be purchased from Moates.

I happen to have an Ostridge, cords, adaptors, and even a chip programmer that I would sell.

Last edited:

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
If your truck is stock and it was mine I would remove that chip and plug the stock chip in only and use it. The stock chip should be plugged in the side of that moates adaptor.

Now if your truck is modified it will need a custom chip. Many use the TurboTweak chip. It is supposed to work well and they say is not to hard to adjust.

From the looks of your setup I think your truck was tuned using code59. You would have to find the program, download to a laptop, get the equipment that I listed above, and learn how to use it. Very few people know how to use in. It is harder to do than TurboTweak but you can adjust more things. I have only used code59 but would go with a turbotweak chip if I were to need one again.

Last edited:

Tymax

Thanks! It needs some time to go through all of this (Code59). Truck runs almost great and it has some upgrades (bigger turbo, probably injectors, downpipe, larger IC...), but I'm interested how conservative the tune is and is there any safe room for more aggressive tune.

Do I understand correctly that Moates is out of emulators that fit SyTys?

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
It looks like they either are not being made anymore or they stopped selling them.

If you decide too try tuning with the Ostridge I have all of that equipment. Just let me know.

Asadmobeen

After some searching and reading... It seems to be EEPROM that probably has a custom tune on it. To see that tune, I need some equipment and software. Still, (spare) chips in the first post have decals on them that probably mean something...

I'll get the tools and start to research the tune(s). Thanks!

View attachment 1865337
Inside the ECU I found this. Do I understand correctly that this is a noname custom chip and there's no easy way to find out what are the specs? please Guide Me <a href="https://gbapk.info/fmwhatsapp/">()</a>