Coolant leak/weep

Slyclone

Noticing a small coolant leak at the front driver side block/lower intake area. It appears to be a little wet looking down the cylinder head towards the rear of the block.

Wondering what I did, or didn't do right. Actually coming from right under the dual eyelets connectors/grounds. I'd post photos but every time I try it says too large of files.

gmemony2

You should be able to post your photos to a place like Photobucket or Imgur and use the links they provide to show photos here.

Noticing a small coolant leak at the front driver side block/lower intake area. It appears to be a little wet looking down the cylinder head towards the rear of the block.

Wondering what I did, or didn't do right. Actually coming from right under the dual eyelets connectors/grounds. I'd post photos but every time I try it says too large of files.

That sounds similar to an issue I was having, after I replaced my thermostat gasket. Your problem may not be the same, but I would check this. When you're pushing the upper radiator hose down onto the metallic inlet, there is an indent that will indicate where the face of the hose should sit. I accidentally pushed my hose over the top of the indent and past it. So, when I started the truck up the first time, I had coolant leak from the front hose, over the top of the lower intake. All you have to do is loosen your hose clamp, pull the hose back over the indent. Then seat the hose right at the indent, and tighten the hose clamp accordingly. Easy mistake to make, but also an easy fix, as long as you're not driving along.

Slyclone

I will look tomorrow thanks for the input could be something very small I overlooked hopefully that's the case it's been a on-off thing the past couple years. I found out I didn't tighten quite a few things and I'm doing, and re-doing the work once again.

Slyclone

I actually re adjusted the hose it was way down and I moved it up above the notch.

I ended up having one of the $25.00 felpro reusable thermostat housing gasket. If you ever seen one there pretty beefed up. I've had so many " little " issues with the truck since I backed off from working on it it is hard to keep up. Little issue i am talking about is I ended up installing the actual thermostat in upside down. Honest mistake. So many other things to factor in I had to know if it was wrong so I yanked the hose and took a flash light and shined it down there sure enough it was in upside down, I asked my dad to take a peek down there for me and he told me it was in wrong. When it was put in ( by me ) I installed it incorrectly, the stat is supposed to be down against the lower intake manifold metal/metal. I had gasket over that and then in the middle of gasket/housing it got pinched real bad and is no good. I switched it out to a plane Jane $3.00 blue colored gasket so far it seems to hold, but really have not cycled it at all since. Still quite a few things to check such as transmission fluid warm, linkages, adjustments so on. Weather's breaking soon, maybe I can stay fresh on it this year ?

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Everyone has little issues at one time or another. I have a suggestion that I use at times if I tear into something that I have never dealt with before. Take pictures with your phone was you disassemble what you are working on. Then you don't have to remember how it is supposed to go. It is really helpful if it is a while before you get back to finishing up on your work.