Dash lights not working

fivetodrive

CRISPY
I don't seem to have power at the fuse. So I guess I'll have to pull down the fuse box... Any other ideas?
I already switched out the switch and dimmer...
I need a dang plotter to print out the wiring diagrams...

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
Be careful! My Syclone harness got burnt real bad by the foglight wiring. Check it!

same dash out with fuse good. Went searching for it and gave up and drove it for a while until big smoke coming out of under the dash. All wiring was melt. So I searched “why” it happened and found the fog light housing touch wiring and it shorten. Almost fire it down.

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
Hell yeah I bet that is foglight wiring. It was so scared so I added fuses on foglight wiring under the dash.
len and housing bolt together and wiring touch the housing which is metal.
Hope you find that wiring and fix it ASAP! LED foglight is better!

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
Master switch in rear of my Syclone saved it from burn down to ground. I turned it off quick after saw a lot of smoke and thick coming out of the dash.

DaveP's Ghost

Do the tail lights work? The TAIL fuse feeds the dimmer switch which then goes to INST LPS fuse then to the panel lights. TAIL also feeds the fog relay. The fog lights power comes from HRN DME.

fivetodrive

CRISPY
Ironically I tested the brake lights and one went out. I have tail lights and now dash lights all the time. I have power at the horn/dm fuse and power on the 3 wires on the left when the lights are on...

Attachments

• IMG_20210113_214819864.jpg
    IMG_20210113_214819864.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14

fivetodrive

CRISPY
I can’t seem to find the connector on the wiring diagram. Does anyone know the connector number for the fog light switch?

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Is the connector broken on yours? I can't see the picture well enough to tell. I may have a fog lamp switch if you need one.

Or are you just looking for wiring diagram info?

DaveP's Ghost

The fog light wiring is stand-alone. It is not incorporated into the Inst Panel harness. It is tie-wrapped alongside the IP harness. It begins with two wires (lt green and purple, or sometimes black/wht in a Sy) coming into the cab below the brake booster. Then 3 wires tap into the fuse box taps, then the break-out for the relay (grey conduit) then it goes to the connector for the switch. When everything is new and stock (not dorked with), the connector for the switch is screwed to the bottom of the recess that the headlight switch panel covers. It is about 3" back from the face of the bezel.

Biff

The fog light wiring is stand-alone. It is not incorporated into the Inst Panel harness. It is tie-wrapped alongside the IP harness. It begins with two wires (lt green and purple, or sometimes black/wht in a Sy) coming into the cab below the brake booster. Then 3 wires tap into the fuse box taps, then the break-out for the relay (grey conduit) then it goes to the connector for the switch. When everything is new and stock (not dorked with), the connector for the switch is screwed to the bottom of the recess that the headlight switch panel covers. It is about 3" back from the face of the bezel.

Biff

Dave ... do you know
If the dash has to come out to replace the part of fog light harness that goes into the cab from firewall?

DaveP's Ghost

You should be able to access it from inside. Find the branch with the relay on it, and follow it to the harness it disappears into. After the 3 wires that plug into the fuse box, the only wires left are the two that go through the firewall.

I probably have a complete fog light wire harness I could take a pic of, if you think that would help.

Biff

Thank you sir.... ok think I’m good now.. just needed confirmation I can access harness under driver side with out removing dash... 😎

Biff

Hello Dave, hope all is well sir ... ok so I’m in the middle of replacing the stand alone fog light harness under the dash... my question is do I just cut the zip tie that holds the relay (Gray conduit) part and it will come out? Or is there a bolt that hold the relay to somewhere ? I don’t have a lot of room to work with ..... but a previous owner has messed with the fog light harness in there now...and I don’t trust it ... something happend at one point electrical and they repaired fog harness ... attached is picture I’m talking about .... TIA

Attachments

• 02CF77FB-86B5-4B0D-90DA-7E3593A7F091.jpeg
    02CF77FB-86B5-4B0D-90DA-7E3593A7F091.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8

DaveP's Ghost

Just do what it takes to get that harness and relay out. The relay was originally fastened to the panel under the steering column (the one with the lap-cooler vent in it) with a single screw. Most peeps over the years haven't bothered to reinstall the screw, they leave the relay loose.

Biff

Just do what it takes to get that harness and relay out. The relay was originally fastened to the panel under the steering column (the one with the lap-cooler vent in it) with a single screw. Most peeps over the years haven't bothered to reinstall the screw, they leave the relay loose.
Thanks Dave.... the other 3 wires. And 1 ground wire .do they plug into the fuse box tap? Where exactly
Would they be? I’m having a heck of a time locating due to all the wire mess .... thanks