green dots on sy rims

cloneman315

Active member
I am selling my low mileage green dots and sy rims the rims are in ok shape,good centers etc,tires have maybe 4 passes on them and maybe 1000 easy street miles they gave me 1.5 60ft on stock suspension etc.prefer pick up.or trade towards a lighter set of rims etc welds?flexforms?
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: green dots on sy rims

sure you are local so i would not have to ship them,they are not perfect but good for a spare set,slicks etc,
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: green dots on sy rims

I am going to try and put this truck on a diet,and also going to maybe lean it out a little on the c16tune,going to see what dyno numbers we get.it is at mid 11s a/f now ,so maybe 12 to 12.5?might be 40 hp or so.
 

SloGN

9Sec Alky V6
Re: green dots on sy rims

I am going to try and put this truck on a diet,and also going to maybe lean it out a little on the c16tune,going to see what dyno numbers we get.it is at mid 11s a/f now ,so maybe 12 to 12.5?might be 40 hp or so.



I think that 11.8 is gonna be about as lean as you may want to go. Try and keep the timing to about 23 degrees max. as the timing advances you kinda wanna keep it richer to ward off and knock/ preignition.
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: green dots on sy rims

yeah i dont think there is mutch gains left,but i thought i remeber nolan saying he saw around 50 hp from 12.0 to 12.5
 

SloGN

9Sec Alky V6
Re: green dots on sy rims

yeah i dont think there is mutch gains left,but i thought i remeber nolan saying he saw around 50 hp from 12.0 to 12.5

Well to me that 50 extra hp maybe isn't worth the cost of melting a piston. I hope that you will be keeping a eye on the EGT gauge. where is the probe on it BTW.

Boosted motors tend to like a tad bit extra fueling. I think that with the vortec fast burn heads the absolute max timing will be 25*. you can try tunning it @ 11.8 with some added timing then lower the timing to 22 and raise the A/F to 12-12.5 and see what it likes the best. being leaner with more timing may not be the best thing. Best i can remeber i don't think Phil ever used more that 26* of timing. I know he use to tune @ Turbo Tune in greensboro a few yrs back.


also let me know what you think the wheels are worth i can't price another man stuff
 

Osmosis

New member
Re: green dots on sy rims

I"m interested in the tires/rims. I sent you a pm. please email me pic's and a price.

Ty:D
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: green dots on sy rims

no meth,rather just use plain c16 when i am going to turn it up.i am not trying to make full power on pump gas rather just spent the extra on the c16 when i turn the boost up
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: green dots on sy rims

Marks place is were we did both my tunes at,I talked to phill last night as i could not remember but he seems to think we did try to lean it out and did not get any big gains.
 
Top