DanenGraham
Big in the rear
Well, Got my truck back last night and took it out for a drive. I didnt beat on it to bad only running 10psi and a few 15psi runs. It is still 2wd right now and 1st and 2nd grear are just blowing off the 335's. Ran really stong i though, as with the relocated knock sensor i think this is the first time the truck has ever ran with out false knock (large amounts). Ran strong, had good gas in it so i ran it up to 90-100mph or so and it was pulling hard. I can wait to see what 20-22#'s and AWD feels like. Motor is doing good, everything seams to be peachy. Truck handles great, very happy with the RPM coilovers, and the CBR c-5 brakes. Did a few 60-0 stops that made me dizzy.
But today as i was heading up to warsh it off, 3rd and 4th gear started slipping on me bad. If i rev it up to 4500rpm you can feel it kick a little but thats all they will do. So now that im basicly broke, trying, praying, that i dont have to spend anymore $$ this happens. Now i checked and smelled the fluid and it was a little low but not really, and looked brand new with no burnt smell. I am thinking its just the clutches, but i am hoping for something even ezer. Anyone know how much a shop would charge for that. this is what i am seeing.
So i might take it to a friends dad that could rebuild it for $900-1200 he says but it will be another cheap 700r4 build that will only last another 10K miles. I had thought the trany was going out, as 3-4 felt wussy 2years ago. I want a 4l80E bad, but there is no way i can come up with that kind of money tell after next summer.Ideas?
More pics at my house.
But today as i was heading up to warsh it off, 3rd and 4th gear started slipping on me bad. If i rev it up to 4500rpm you can feel it kick a little but thats all they will do. So now that im basicly broke, trying, praying, that i dont have to spend anymore $$ this happens. Now i checked and smelled the fluid and it was a little low but not really, and looked brand new with no burnt smell. I am thinking its just the clutches, but i am hoping for something even ezer. Anyone know how much a shop would charge for that. this is what i am seeing.
So i might take it to a friends dad that could rebuild it for $900-1200 he says but it will be another cheap 700r4 build that will only last another 10K miles. I had thought the trany was going out, as 3-4 felt wussy 2years ago. I want a 4l80E bad, but there is no way i can come up with that kind of money tell after next summer.Ideas?
More pics at my house.