Race Results

ghettosled

SYTY SUPERSTORE
Anyone have the drag race results? Looks like a couple 9 sec trucks were in attendance.

Lots of REALLY clean trucks! Thanks to all those who provided pictures and details of the event.
 

RAACCR

Member
Re: Race Results

If anyone kept track of the classes, please post up the ladder results.

Also interested in fastest et and mph run during the event.

Thanks,
Rob
 

autoaddictions

Active member
Re: Race Results

I won top stock class with a best of 11.13@ 125. The track was like ice. It was 140 on the track surface. There was no prep at all. My best 60 ft was a 1.77 compared to my normal 1.52 this combined with the heat kept me out of the 10s. The only other truck to run faster was Berbers pro street TY I think it went 10.10 @ 140 or close to it. In all there were no breakdowns witch is in believeable in itself. Good times!!!!
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: Race Results

I was told it had just been scrapped a few days before....

I heard the same. Its crazy because that track is usually GREAT! It had to be from the scraping. Lucky us. :roll:


Times were very slow all day. Heat + slick track = bad for syty's.
 

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks
Re: Race Results

I won top stock class with a best of 11.13@ 125.

Dam you would have smoked my untuned broken windsheild ass .:lol: Congrats , i coulnt hear mike during the awards to see who won this .

Now i know what (and who ;) )to beat next nats .
 

JSM

Active member
Re: Race Results

The track was scrapped that morning or night before. When Jeremy got there he said the pavement had less rubber than the hotel parking lot and he requested they drag the track and get some rubber down.

I suspect they just figured we were a bunch of street tire cars. That track normally is the best track around, saturday it was the worst I have seen. If we go back we will make sure they don't do that same thing to us.
 

Maxtor

New member
Re: Race Results

I ran in the pro class with a best of three runs at 10.6 @ 128 which isn't a time I would generally be extremely proud of. First run was 10.8, second was 11.2 (exhaust crossover pipe separated), then the 10.6.

Same comments as above, horrible conditions which included very poor 60' times. My hardest launch had me coming out at about 1 psi and I decided to keep boost low to prevent the truck from walking on shift changes and IAT's from soaring higher than they already were. I was mainly interested in getting a couple of full passes in so Dave Henniger could look at my tune which got accomplished.

Even with the bad track conditions it was a great time and I am extremely grateful to everyone who worked hard to pull this together. Hats off to the organizers. :tup:
 

Windedv6

Ty n 10s
Re: Race Results

The track was worse than my local roads as I could not drive it through the tires spinning. At least on my local paved county road I can stay in it and allow it to pull through the slippage areas.

The best run I had was on my lowest boost setting 10-12 lbs and rolling out on the foot brake with no burn out. (My burnouts sucked anyways). We tried a few passes at higher boost 14, 16, and 18lbs. On these run I tried running part throddle until I got farther down the track, but still blew the tires when I opened it up. On the 18lb runs I was spinning the tires in third.


Considering all this...a bad track is better than no track (most times.), Plus nothing broke. That's always a good day!

The truck ran cool (172*) all day and my intake temps dropped during the passes. It seems to like the E-85. With the tunning settleing in it's time to work on the suspension and the driver.

John
 
Top