Ranting about racing at NATS!

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
I registered to race and paid my $83 to do so. My plan since the beginning was to race both my Sy and Ty in the outlaw class. I get an email from Shawn at CO track day asking which one I am going to race. I said both! Now I just got an email stating....

Unfortunately, Bandimere Speedway charges for each vehicle.* I know it sucks when you have two cars you want to race and I have no control over it. I tried to contact them and finally got a hold of Bruce but he wouldn't give us any slack on racing multiple cars.* If you want to race two, I would need another payment.


So now I'm pissed because i am already paying a shit ton of money to race in a class by myself and now I can't even race both my vehicles with out paying another $83. And this all confuses me because of what it says on the racing registration page ....

$83.00 PER RACER. Spectators & Parking are FREE.
(NOTE: It does not matter if you are racing one car, two people racing one car, or racing 3 cars. The fee is $83.00 per Racer.)


So now I'm stuck not knowing what to do. NATS is already going to cost me a fortune. I guess I just have to suck it up and pay another $83. I am sending Shawn a question about it right now.

BTW... Just want to thank TJ and Shawn for all the work they have done:tup:. I know they dont make the rules at the track and there is nothing they can do.
 

Syclone Rob

Its all ABOOT the SYTY eh
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

Though I agree with you that paying another 83 bucks is rediculous. Though normally what I have come across is you pay the initial fee then a much smaller fee for more then 1 vehicle. This makes sense especially if you put 1 vehicle in 1 class and another in another class....

Good luck.
 

93 TY 2185

Donating Member
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

Setting up the race track sucks for these events. I know i've done a few of them.
You play by the tracks rules.
If you went to Test-N-Tune with two trucks at your local track they will charge you for 2 tech cards to drive 2 trucks. :2cents:
 

epix

Typhoon
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

I'm not racing but bringing two awesome trucks that far to run at the track I'd be glad to pitch in some $ just to watch these trucks go down the track. PM me your paypal or I can give ya some $ right @ Nats.

A ride as a passenger in the parking lot would be fun, but not required :p
 

gstjohn

Sycloned S-10
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

it's expensive to rent bandimere for a day so paying per vehicle would be the norm, if I recall from last years track day, if less than the required racers registered then the whole deal was off since it was soooo expensive. The facility is great, I had a ton of fun last year and was well worth the $83 last year.
 

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

I apologize if the post was unclear. I should have stipulated that it was per car. One driver racing two cars is not the norm and I did not take that into account when I worded things. Again, my apologies. In the past, it's almost always been multiple drivers racing the same vehicle, and I know some guys let their wives/gf's make a pass, or have someone else drive their truck.

Having one guy bring multiple trucks to race was something I should have thought about.

We've tried to work with Bandimere and at this point, we are just thankful we are on the schedule.

Again, sorry about the confusion.
 

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

I'm not racing but bringing two awesome trucks that far to run at the track I'd be glad to pitch in some $ just to watch these trucks go down the track. PM me your paypal or I can give ya some $ right @ Nats.

A ride as a passenger in the parking lot would be fun, but not required :p

thanks for the offer but I can shell out the money. You can ride in the truck either way though :tup: well as long as there still running :rotf:

I apologize if the post was unclear. I should have stipulated that it was per car. One driver racing two cars is not the norm and I did not take that into account when I worded things. Again, my apologies. In the past, it's almost always been multiple drivers racing the same vehicle, and I know some guys let their wives/gf's make a pass, or have someone else drive their truck.

Having one guy bring multiple trucks to race was something I should have thought about.

We've tried to work with Bandimere and at this point, we are just thankful we are on the schedule.

Again, sorry about the confusion.

Hey no problem TJ. You cant prepare for everything and Im just complaining because Im a cheap ass. You are doing too good of a job setting everything up to apologize to me :tup:
 

JSM

Active member
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

Show me any track that would let 1 owner bring multiple trucks in for 1 charge?

Never seen one myself.
 

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

Show me any track that would let 1 owner bring multiple trucks in for 1 charge?

Never seen one myself.

either have I. Its the fact that I would have to pay per racer and per car that bothers me. So the 2 people im going there with would "have" to pay $83 per vehicle to race one of the trucks we are bringing. That would be almost $500 for us to race two trucks!

I can completely understand the pay per vehicle but the pay per person and per vehicle is ridiculous.

At the end, either my brother or Cobra198 will be registering to race the Ty.
 

Poconojoe

Donating Member
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

Show me any track that would let 1 owner bring multiple trucks in for 1 charge?

Never seen one myself.

I've seen guys run their tow rigs and their race cars without paying twice, but I know that doesn't happen at all the local tracks,
 

rodent

Member
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

Sorry about that Garrison. I really wish Bandimere would bend its rules for private track days but every time I ask, they always give me the same answer and tell me its per vehicle.

If you have two people wanting to racing one truck, PM me and I will discuss how you might be able to get around it.
 

JAY

Donating Member
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

I attended CO track day last year & I was impressed by the Bandimeer crew. Think of it this way, you will get to race your car/truck/bad-ass machine as many times as it holds together. :) Which dividing $83 by multiple runs makes it inexpensive IMO.
When I lived in Houston, Erik, Jack & I attended HRP 1/8th mile track, paid $40 each, sat in the staging area forever & ONLY got to race 2 times in 4 hours. This event is nothing like the typical Street Legal track nights where you wait forever for some idiot to run his 20 second Honda down the track.

Found this video I had from last year of the BULLY Syclone.
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/sy613/?action=view&current=MOV00631.mp4
 
Last edited:

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

Wait, you were there last year? Somehow I must have missed you (or completely forgot meeting you). I was in the red Evo IX that was pitted with Bully and Rodent...
 

JAY

Donating Member
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

Wait, you were there last year? Somehow I must have missed you (or completely forgot meeting you). I was in the red Evo IX that was pitted with Bully and Rodent...

My stepson & I were there most of the day & nobody said "HI" to us. Got to see the Bully Syclone run several times.
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: Ranting about racing at NATS!

My stepson & I were there most of the day & nobody said "HI" to us. Got to see the Bully Syclone run several times.

Did you pit near Bully's trailer? I don't remember seeing another Sy there that wasn't in our area...
 
Top