rockford racecraft byebye

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmightyb

New member
I am not positive that my original block was in the truck when I bought it ( I never checked...or even knew I could), but with only 20k miles and the fact that the motor was stock ( minus some work on the heads ), I am working under that assumption that it probably was the matching block for now. I will probably never find it but it is worth a try..... :(

I do remember telling RR that I wanted my block back and did not want it swapped for another ( he told me that they usually just use whatever is coming back from the machine shop for the next build ) and he said he would make sure mine made it back in my truck... At the time I didn't there was a way to track the block though....
 

mmightyb

New member
So after going through the truck and boxes over the weekend (with some much appreciated help), it turns out I am missing a bunch of stuff. Is there an easy way to tell the difference between a stock turbo and a mits 20g? The one in my box has bad bearings and I think it is a stock unit, not the slightly used 20g I bought many moons ago.....
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: rockford racecraft byebye

All I know is, my 1991 43,000 original mile Syclone has a 2002 Camaro SS LS powerplant in it now because the previous owner took it to RR with 39,000 original miles for a tune up. Est. time was 2 weeks. Guy told the owner (after repeated calls over a 2 month period) that his block had a rod thru it so it was gonna need a major overhaul. 3 months and $6000 bucks later, his truck was pushed out of the garage with a busted block on a pallet in a MINT bed. Other high mileage parts were tossed on the pallet as well. Keep in mind, the Syclone was driven there under its own power for a tune-up.

No doubt Guy put the good block in another customers truck and made money on both ends. I never met him in person but he fits the extreme scum bucket category with ease, and quite frankly, I am amazed he can still walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least I got a cherry, low mileage LSx AWD Syclone in the end.
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: rockford racecraft byebye

So after going through the truck and boxes over the weekend (with some much appreciated help), it turns out I am missing a bunch of stuff. Is there an easy way to tell the difference between a stock turbo and a mits 20g? The one in my box has bad bearings and I think it is a stock unit, not the slightly used 20g I bought many moons ago.....

It looks like a stock turbo. A true 20G has a different compressor housing. Sometimes 20G wjheel is put in a stock turbo compressor housing. The turbo inlet would be machined to fit, but your looks stock to me.
 

JSM

Active member
Re: rockford racecraft byebye

I am with T-Bone and truly amazed he is still standing myself. People have been hurt over much less doing it only once, let alone over and over and over.

One thing I have learned in life is the person who cries the most about how everybody is saying bad things about them is all wrong and spends time defending themself is truly guilty as ^%@%. Honest people don't need to defend themself.
 

mmightyb

New member
Re: rockford racecraft byebye

Thanks. That is what I thought. I think my 20g vanished with a bunch of other stuff:
So far on my MIA list...

Intercooler, IC Pump, brackets and scoop
Throttle Body
Original Block
20g Turbo
Trans crossmember
Radiator
Stock airbox and cross tube
Flywheel
Almost all the nuts and bolts that hold it together.

Most of the other parts do not look like they came off my 20K truck....
Fun.......
 

warmpancakes

New member
Re: rockford racecraft byebye

Thanks. That is what I thought. I think my 20g vanished with a bunch of other stuff:
So far on my MIA list...


Radiator



Most of the other parts do not look like they came off my 20K truck....
Fun.......

I have a Radiator Ill donate to help get it back together
 

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.
Re: rockford racecraft byebye

Thanks. That is what I thought. I think my 20g vanished with a bunch of other stuff:
So far on my MIA list...

Intercooler, IC Pump, brackets and scoop - (in FS section , $200)
Throttle Body - ($200)
Original Block - (you have a block? Will prob need a rebuild = $1000)
20g Turbo ($500)
Trans crossmember (£150)
Radiator ($120)
Stock airbox and cross tube - $150 (better off ditching it!)
Flywheel ($100)
Almost all the nuts and bolts that hold it together. ($300)

Most of the other parts do not look like they came off my 20K truck....
Fun.......

Sorry to hear that mate - I guess we all knew you were not going to come away with it in good shape. :(

What's your plan now? You can buy some premade engines from a couple of people on here or build it yourself.

You can get all the parts you are missing above (prices added) from this site.

Most importantly, you can get all the help you need as well :)
 

Silly

Banned
Re: rockford racecraft byebye

Thanks. That is what I thought. I think my 20g vanished with a bunch of other stuff:
So far on my MIA list...

Intercooler, IC Pump, brackets and scoop
Throttle Body
Original Block
20g Turbo
Trans crossmember
Radiator
Stock airbox and cross tube
Flywheel
Almost all the nuts and bolts that hold it together.

Most of the other parts do not look like they came off my 20K truck....
Fun.......

I forget where you are located but I have a large box in my garage labeled "misc wtf" which is mainly nuts and bolts and brackets off my truck. You are more than welcome to come and go through and take whatever you like.

I am near schaumburg.
 

JSM

Active member
Re: rockford racecraft byebye

I bet this might have been yours. LOL

sold on ebay in Oct.

Nice slighty used part , received in one day.Buyer: Member id gmcstoy ( Feedback Score Of 52
iconBlueStar_25x25.gif
)
Oct-13-10 23:18 Syclone Typhoon Air intake assembly VERY LIGHTLY USED! (#110594632592)US $175.00


Nice slighty used part , recevied in one day .Buyer: Member id gmcstoy ( Feedback Score Of 52
iconBlueStar_25x25.gif
)
Oct-13-10 23:14 GMC Syclone Typhoon intercooler air deflector USED (#110594517846)US $40.00
 

UR50SLO

V6+2=LSXCamaro
Re: rockford racecraft byebye

Yep, I bought it with 18K on it. Flew down there and drove it back. Found out it had engine trouble and brought it to RR a few weeks after getting it. Never saw it again until now....

Wow.. that's crazy... I read the rest of the thread but such a nice truck...


If you need someone close to put it back together let me know.:tup:


I guess a bird in the truck isn't worth two block's in the bush?

2011-06-16_15-06-14_519.jpg
 

djwaggoner

New member
Re: rockford racecraft byebye

Hmmm.....he IS in Chicago......
Isn't there a Hell's Angels chapter somewhere around there?
They will make house-calls for a fee...............cheaper than a lawyer, too.
Just sayin'
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top