Solved! Extended Crank times & rough idle on hot start u

Mad Mike

SYCOSIS
Lately my Ty has been taking longer and longer to start when cold then finally it barely ran and on a hot restart it ran like shit, felt like 5 cylinders. I figured it was either a ignition or fuel problem. I tested the complete fuel system for leaks, proper pressure etc. Then slowly swapped known good ignition parts from my syclone until I figured out the problem. It came down to the ignition module. Now my truck starts right up and idles beautifully on a hot restart. I've others say "it the nature of beast" or it's a "dying fuel pump". Spend $30 and see if it's not the module.
 

Mad Mike

SYCOSIS
Where in Philly are u? I live in camden county NJ - Audubon. I work in West Philly - Miscericordia Hospital
 

Rick Krupa

New member
Yup, I just got done posting that same solution on 5-13-02 under the mods section "Engine Died"
It pays to read through all the posts being that I searched all the Archives from years ago to date for the problems I was having and didn't notice any problems/solutions like the one I had.
 

m3cd1

New member
mods

mods

atr cat back.msd a6,kb fpr, aux ic, i never took it to the trackto run
first i need motor mounts. everything was installed when i got it.
 
Top