Sy 2904

S10 Guy

I've had this truck for little over a year now, and what a year it has been.... ugh. the list of what i have not replaced is smaller than what i have replaced / upgraded. Currently i have the stock heads off and I am in the process of upgrading / rebuilding the top end and cleaning up the engine bay to look nice. Here is my build so far;

-Stock 181,209 L35 heads
-60# Flow matched injectors
-3 bar map
-Velosyty chip
-Hybrid 20G turbo with 8cm exhaust housing (plannig on 18psi)
-Aeromotive 340 fuel pump
-HUGE ASS inter-cooler pump rigged up from previous owners
-Forge Motorsport waste gate
-Renz Fab A/C Delete
-160 degree "high flow" thermostat
-Sportmachines AFPR
-EGR delete
-plus more that im probably forgetting

Hoping for 12's. think its possible? and any other recommendations / tips and tricks? my first time diving into an engine like this.

SEL777

One of 101
Re: Sy 2904

I was able to get into the 12's (12.77 was my best run) with my 20G/14cm with the same Forge gate running 20-22#. 80# injectors, code 59 tunde by Krupa, and on e85 also. Rst of the stuff is in my signature. Good luck!

S10 Guy

I was able to get into the 12's (12.77 was my best run) with my 20G/14cm with the same Forge gate running 20-22#. 80# injectors, code 59 tunde by Krupa, and on e85 also. Rst of the stuff is in my signature. Good luck!

Thats a solid build you have there! hopefully the L35 heads will make up for lack of other bigger mods you have done. doubtful though. was told L35 heads can make about a 20hp difference. i refuse to touch my bottom end at this point. Dont want to pull the engine. i may invest in alky down the road too

Sy-1177

Turbo Inside

I ran a 12.5 with my old Sy and 20g 14cm... your shouldnt have any prob at all hittin 12's

S10 Guy

I ran a 12.5 with my old Sy and 20g 14cm... your shouldnt have any prob at all hittin 12's

"Nickel" does not seem to think so. though my turbo is basically stock because its an 20G/8cm and not a 14cm. dont want to change out torque converters.

Sy-1177

Turbo Inside

"Nickel" does not seem to think so. though my turbo is basically stock because its an 20G/8cm and not a 14cm. dont want to change out torque converters.

Guys are hitting 12's on stock turbo! You'll be fine. Nickel doesnt know what the heck he is talking about! ;)

gary sy

Sounds awesome Ian! I ran a 12.70 with stock turbo and all internals stock and trans all stock too. With a kaboom chip and lots of race gas. Dont try that though was risky !:tup: :tup: LET R RIP TADER CHIP ! (Remember some also said a syclone cant do a burnout too !!) :)

Last edited:

"Nickel"

S-Series Syco

We all know its not a 12 second truck bro... :D Keep fixing stuff and you'll get there.

Timbo

SyTy Stalker

There have been a lot of stock-turbo Syclones in the 12s. The fastest bone stock Sy I can remember ran a 13.3. I seem to remember a guy in Anchorage running high 12s with just an Ultimate chip and some suspension mods back in the day. Getting it running perfectly first is the key, and as they age and wear, that gets harder and harder to do.

S10 Guy

There have been a lot of stock-turbo Syclones in the 12s. The fastest bone stock Sy I can remember ran a 13.3. I seem to remember a guy in Anchorage running high 12s with just an Ultimate chip and some suspension mods back in the day. Getting it running perfectly first is the key, and as they age and wear, that gets harder and harder to do.

Wow, good to know! its gonna be a struggle to get mine in check. mines "aged" pretty hard. Redoing the whole top end and running the Velosyty chip, I am hoping that it will run solid and strong.

S10 Guy

So from what i can gather, I should not run more than 15psi if I'm using 93 octane fuel, (only shell v-power will ever be put in the tank) does that make most of my other mods overkill?
Or should i cough up more money and get an Alky meth kit? i would love to run 18-20 psi. whats everyone's experiences?

S10 Guy

L35 heads back from the machine shop! cleaned, resurfaced, new oem intake vavles, regrinded seats, viton valve seals, and he even painted them! all for heads that were ready to bolt on.... cant trust anyone these days....

S10 Guy

Going to be thrashing all weekend long on the 21st through the 23rd to get #2904 back on the road hopefully.