Sy 678

Re: Sy 678

Closely check you input drum and forward clutch piston (part 630 on page 105 of manual). The input drum can develop cracks at the bottom (kind of hard to see in my picture), and my forward clutch piston was also cracked. A common upgrade to the input drum is a steel reinforcing sleeve installed where mine is cracked.

There is a billet over run piston you can get that fits the sleeved drum, so you don't have to run the old style casting that always cracks. The late model 4l60-70 steel over run piston wont work with the sleeved drum.

Slyclone

....transmission is getting closer to truck....

Attachments

• IMAG2320.jpg
    IMAG2320.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG2323.jpg
    IMAG2323.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Slyclone

Couple other quick pics. Start thinning the bed out. Some new, some old. Some what packed kind of neat. Keep digging.. keep finding.

Attachments

• IMAG2329.jpg
    IMAG2329.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG2330.jpg
    IMAG2330.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG2332.jpg
    IMAG2332.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG2334.jpg
    IMAG2334.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2

Slyclone

Whoa! Holy $hit Its been 4 mons since I had trans done.. id really like to get it in. Bought a cheap trans jack yesterday from harbor freight. My dad has a lift... But wont let me use it. I get to do it all on the ground once again.

Attachments

• IMAG2563.jpg
    IMAG2563.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG2558.jpg
    IMAG2558.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Slyclone

I got my trans in after long time. Working on finishing up a few small things such as another once over on all the hardware, fluids like oil and transmission fluid. Then figure out a turbo tweak adjustable chip.

I tried to put some photos up but it did not work.20190901_154336.jpg20190507_162659.jpg20191007_155957.jpg20190924_162706.jpg

Last edited:

Slyclone

Tried to upload some photos like I did before and keeps saying does not have an allowed extension?

Slyclone

Anyone on here still? I am currently looking for factory Upper radiator hose, the heater core to manifold S shaped hose, and a Lower heater core to rad hose. It's a small GM stamped hose about 8-12 inches long, looks identical to the intercooler/charge air supply hoses. All these hoses have GM date codes and stamping on them.

DaveP's Ghost

Anyone on here still? Not many.
I am currently looking for factory Upper radiator hose, Same hose as stock VIN Z / LB4.
the heater core to manifold S shaped hose, Good Luck. Hasn't been available for decades. You'll have to get creative.
and a Lower heater core to rad hose. It's a small GM stamped hose about 8-12 inches long, There are 2 "hoses" and a metal pipe between the heater core and the radiator. The core to pipe hose is a straight piece of 3/4" hose. Nothing special. The pipe bolts to the bottom of the battery tray. There is a little S-bend hose from the pipe to the radiator, which is again, not available. Get creative.

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
That is sure right. If you own a SyTy you have to be very creative.

I should have all of those parts in my stash but I may have to see pictures of some of them to make sure what I am looking for. I don't remember every part as well as I used to. If the OP could help with that I will check. But it would be easier for the OP to do as you suggest and be creative.

Slyclone

I was trying to find the factory ones with factory date codes and stamps. I'm still struggling with photo up loads. See if one works? This is the S shaped one I believe DaveP is confusing himself with another. I have 2 of the heater core hard-line to radiator which Dave had scratched the surface with.

The trials and tribunals of truck ownership.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200421-063615.png
    Screenshot_20200421-063615.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
The hoses that I have will not have the correct date codes in them. Those are going to be very hard for you to find.

Slyclone

The hoses that I have will not have the correct date codes in them. Those are going to be very hard for you to find.
Just looking for something close. I'm going to keep searching and trying if nothing available.

I don't want anything from a parts store just yet.

Slyclone

I feel like the parts vein is clogged/clotted. I had the worst expirence with a local. All I needed was a Hose. Some crazy reason he refused to provide me with it.

Slyclone

After all that time: yesterday I was able to get the truck to a stable idle and shoot the timing. I had some port open on the throttle body which may of caused a high idle condition throwing the timing off.i have since plugged that port. This throttle body is not the original, I broke a TPS aluminum hardware off in mine and had to get another. During the switch I guess I didn't " block" the port...I had my timing gun on hand and decided to re-shoot it. Cold starting it was slightly off. After a warm up/idle it did appear to be slightly off. My idle is floating at 800-975. I didn't check the specs or anything so I'm not sure if it's hovering in the right area. The truck does have a cam?? It's just been so long. Coming out of a fresh transmission install I still have 0 miles on the trans after it was done up 5 years ago. There is a few other things I need to address. I'm noticing some puffing from the driver side " breather" and I'm a little worried. My PCV system is just pulling from the back port to the throttle body and I plugged the one port for the forward facing T. Wondering if I need to have it sucking onto the turbo right now I just have a open filter no provision for the front pcv that would go to the intake.

Attachments

• 20181114_164319.jpg
    20181114_164319.jpg
    865.3 KB · Views: 9