Turbo blanket question

Slyclone

Well-known member
Anyone run a turbo blanket?

Wondering what the popular size is for a prescion syty housing, and if its worth the extra few bucks? There is a few different type materials available. Seen a few setups with them on, but can't say they were syty housings. Just curious about the tall shape of the syty housing.

My old housing was coated and unfortunately in about 2 years the black coating similar to jet hot blistered and rusted through.

Any input is welcome, as I'm just curious.
 

Sean Krupa

Moderator
Re: Turbo blanket question

I run one of the T3 Titanium Blankets off Ebay. Lasted 2 years already. Works great, you can actually touch the blanket after a boost run.
 

Static

Member
Re: Turbo blanket question

I am running a PTP T3/T4 blanket also from ebay, has held up very nicely. Going on 3ish years. Stunk the first couple of heat cycles. Made significant reduction in underhood temperature and IC temperatures.

Buy a quality one whatever you do. One guy a while back had a cheap one and it caught on fire.
 

Slyclone

Well-known member
Re: Turbo blanket question

Any pics?

Good points made.

Looking to reduce temps. Have air to air intercooler pipes are coated and wrapped.

PTP is probably the brand/style I saw/liked on another truck a while back. Wasn't sure what to compare the size to. Was looking at T6 stuff.
 

Slyclone

Well-known member
Re: Turbo blanket question

Nice, got a pic of that bad boy installed? Was looking for a black one.. Seen many different materials. I like the black canvas looking material
I used this PTP blanket http://www.ebay.com/itm/141098978713 with my RPM downpipe. Since it has a cutout under the main downpipe area for the wastegate pipe, it fits perfectly, like it was made for it!!

Hope this helps..
 

Z SKI

Donating Member
Re: Turbo blanket question

Here ya go...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160415_110042629_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160415_110042629_HDR.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20160415_110051393_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160415_110051393_HDR.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 3
Re: Turbo blanket question

I run an ebay t3 turbo blanket paid under $25 bucks quality is amazing and couldn't beat the price.
 

Slyclone

Well-known member
Re: Turbo blanket question

I like the ptp setup Paul has. Probably the path I'm going to take. Last thing I need is a cheap blanket that will catch fire. :2cents: :2cents:
 
Re: Turbo blanket question

trucks at my garage but this is what it was listed as on ebay. Brand was xpw and it fit my stocker and now fits my pte 63mm.
Turbo Charger T3 Blanket DUAL LAYERED Retail $119 Black Titanium DEI/Garrett/XPW
(sorry about pic quality)
a9c584b741a5c499a524b5b1fd825221.jpg
 
Top