Upcoming, SE SyTy Shindig 08

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Welcome everyone!

We have our own forum setup now to further bring everyone information about the event. Look for future posts on exact location in Orlando, hotel, prize giveaways, event hype and more.

Information will be posted on the website as well at www.sytyshindig.com

We'd like to see everyone from the SE make it, though everyone is invited! Lets make this an event to remember!
 

Sy229

Move with Purpose
Re: Upcoming, SE SyTy Shindig 08

Adam,

Registration doesn't seem to work on the site. After clicking the link, page does a slow fade and then a refresh...

- rob
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Upcoming, SE SyTy Shindig 08

I dont think Hood got that part set up yet... I believe he was going to do some work on it this weekend.
 

sytyguy

Moderated User
Re: Upcoming, SE SyTy Shindig 08

Yeah, we have to figure out registration rates, and then I'll open the online reg. Gotta get all the database stuff set up anyways, but figuring out the actual rates is the major hurdle right now. As soon as we nail down a date and start to figure out the cost of renting stuff and catering and whatnot, we'll be able to better forcast a reg fee.

Hood
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: Upcoming, SE SyTy Shindig 08

Actually.. I think $40 is a good rate. Course, I'll be sending more anyway. Just because thats the way I am. So look foward to a larger then normal check from me to help out with everything whenever you get all that stuff up. ;)
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Upcoming, SE SyTy Shindig 08

blk00z28 said:
Actually.. I think $40 is a good rate. Course, I'll be sending more anyway. Just because thats the way I am. So look foward to a larger then normal check from me to help out with everything whenever you get all that stuff up. ;)

Tim, when you can give me a call..... PM if you need my number again. Either that, or I'll call you
icon_wink.gif
 
Re: Upcoming, SE SyTy Shindig 08

Adam, I'm glad to see that "wake up" is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday :)

What park do you plan on using? Let me know if you need help with the BBQ part.
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Upcoming, SE SyTy Shindig 08

Dunno what park to use yet.... hoping to get some opinion from the locals. I was thinking something similar to Jay Blanchard so we could drive in, hang out, fish, take pics, etc.
 

sytyguy

Moderated User
Re: Upcoming, SE SyTy Shindig 08

Christian Dionne said:
Adam, I'm glad to see that "wake up" is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday :)

Co-Planning GAST/FAST meets for the last 4 years has taught me to never underestimate the power of a SyTyer's ability to sleep in. That's why I put that in there. Maybe if it's on the "schedule", we can all wake up. :D

cough....Pope....cough

Hood
 

natsforever

New member
Re: Upcoming, SE SyTy Shindig 08

Sy/Tyer's have a problem waking up at meets because of when they go to bed. The only reason people leave the parking lot before 3am, at Nats, is to go to IHOP or Denny's or the casino or it's raining or someone opens a can of fish...
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Upcoming, SE SyTy Shindig 08

FAST/GAST goes and rides pocket bikes in empty parking lots at 3am... after being thrown out of the hotel parking lot, the burger king parking lot and having the cops called on them.
rotf.gif
 

sytyguy

Moderated User
Re: Upcoming, SE SyTy Shindig 08

Yeah, Adam and I are the last ones who need reminding of why it's hard to wake up. It's hard to wake up after explaining to the cops why there were 4 different people hot lapping the Burger King on pocketbikes at 2am, and 2 of those 4 are drunk and claim they've never even been on one of those things. Then moving to a local plant to set up a course on their lot and an hour later being run off by some kids looking for a place to make out. I hit the bed harder that night (4 am) than I have in a long time.

The whole waking up thing was an inside joke intended for someone who likes to sleep in a bit.

Hood
 
Top